PDA

View Full Version : Over Utilisation..VM Broadband grinding to a halt.

Grewer9
16-12-2011, 11:56
Oh dear....just read the problems & comments on here :

http://community.virginmedia.com/

It would appear that regardless of "pings", "speedtests", "hubs", "packet losses" etc...the simple answer to all slow speed questions is over utilisation...
Current fix dates ranging from 25th Jan 2012 to Feb 2012 (subject to change)

Going off many of the posters on this & the above linked forum, the entire UK VM broadband network (regardless of speed) is grinding to a halt.

Time to change. Engineer booked for tomorrow, but I really don't think it needs an engineer visit to tell me why I'm getting a virtually non existant service.

Cancelling this shocking service this weekend.....Will look for a better provider. There is no way on earth I am waiting until Jan / Feb 2012 (at the earliest) for the internet.

Looking like BT Infinity, but need to do a little more research first.

Anybody got any recommendations for a decent network for 2 x Xbox lives & 3 laptops.

I'll bet that VM are still taking on new customers though.....Surely this is illegal ?

I will keep my VM tv & phoneline though, as they are spot on .... no issues with these, but I refuse to pay for a broadband service that simply doesn't work.

kwikbreaks
16-12-2011, 14:20
If you don't have cable BB then you'll need a BT phoneline for t'internet. No point having two so bin the phoneline too.

ShadowTD
16-12-2011, 17:15
I'm feeling like this a bit myself at the moment. I simply don't have the time to waste calling 150 to be told it's my computer, phase of the moon or colour of my network cables that's causing the problems I'm experiencing at the moment. Chrysalis is in the same area as me and having exactly the same problems. I've got a post on the community forum but they're running about 4 days behind, and some chump started posting on my thread on the 14th.

As soon as I get my answer from them which will inevitably include the cop-out 'over-utilisation', unless there's a fix date and a rebate for the terrible service I'll be looking to break out of the broadband (and hopefully phone) part of my contract. I moved up to 30mb in March, and only added TiVo about 6 weeks ago but as far as I'm concerned at the moment this service is not fit for purpose.

Infinity is live in my area and I very rarely use the darknets - it's legal streaming & surfing in TD towers, so I think I'd probably be happy.