PDA

View Full Version : 50M Outages How long can they go on for?

harryxb
11-12-2011, 12:22
Just a quick one. I am in the Bury Area ,near Manchester . I have been getting download speeds of less than 1mbps for over a week now when I should be getting 50mbps . I am being told ' a new cable must be laid in your area' (It is as vague as that) I have been given 3 definate dates by customer services as to when the problem will be fixed. All three dates have come and gone. still not fixed.

I have now been given a new date of the 14th December . Does anybody have any experience of faults like this with Virgin? Is constantly missing target dates normal ?

I am only able to use the internet at all by using tethering on my iphone on o2 and it is getting a little bit of a pain , not to mention worrying with the possible cost. I suppose I am looking for some reassurance from anywhere that this problem will be fixed eventually. I am certainly not getting that reassurance from the company itself.

Grewer9
11-12-2011, 23:12
Harryxb....I too am BL9....same story. Fed up now. If not sorted soon am going to switch to BT. That means cancelling TV & phoneline too, but if that what it takes to make VM sit up and take note of all the customers it is currently providing a crap service too then so be it.

Digital Fanatic
11-12-2011, 23:33
Just checked and i'm assuming you are affected by ticket 1826093 as it's the only one I can find for that postcode?

The SLA for this ticket is to be resolved by Tuesday. It isn't a cable that needs replacing at all, it's unexplained packet loss on your CMTS and cable.

Networks will have to fully investigate and track down whats causing the packet loss that leads to slow speeds. HTH

harryxb
11-12-2011, 23:34
I have just replied to your other post. Thanks for your reply to this. I think you are in a slightly better position to me for BT. I am in Radcliffe and the exchange is not due to go to 'Infinity' until December 2012 so I am going to have to stick with Virginmedia till then.

Bury I think is already equipped for Infinity & Plusnet Fibre so you could consider that , there are choices now at least for you. :)