View Full Version : overseas bad service

gulf4uk
10-12-2011, 09:35
Last few days we have had speed loss during the day and eve .Speed tests
showed 9.6 at best but as low as 1.9 for hours we did the usual things
reboots Modem and Router but last night it got worse so phoned Virgin
listened to music for 15 mins and got this chap told the tale and he went
came back we are busy so have your phone number when we finish
checks 15 mins Max we call you He never Did.
Phoned again at 2130 got UK Tech who in Seconds found the fault in
local Cabinet and booked Tech to call and repair .
Said about 1st call I made seems all was signed off as no fault found
and completed so I made it plain this was not the case .This sort of
Customer relations if found in Most jobs would be reprimand at least
not Happy at all with Overseas Department never ever get the job
done properly.

Tony
farnbororough

Nopanic
10-12-2011, 18:35
See now I'm not a fan of offshore call centres, but this could be put down to single agent error, I've heard of UK agents doing worse .. (via the forums)

Mick Fisher
10-12-2011, 20:58
See now I'm not a fan of offshore call centres, but this could be put down to single agent error, I've heard of UK agents doing worse .. (via the forums)
In that case they must only have one agent. :D

Peter_
10-12-2011, 21:06
That is more often the case with offshore nowadays and often without footprints or notes in the account and even with this happening they want to keep offshore, I doubt the customers agree with that decision try reading this little nugget. (http://interhell.co.uk/forums/topic/269892-virgin-media-offshore-technical-support-do-you-really-want-it-to-continue/page__view__findpost__p__502308)

gulf4uk
10-12-2011, 21:19
Have never any real help from overseas but this time i went through Faults instead of my usual Route "thinking of leaving US" Which normally gets me much more help .
For the record speed dropped off again this Eve to 1.9 then 7.3 and now about 6 .
So tech was right about fault .
We had call from Virgin this morning asking if we wish Tech still to call .and that a person over 18 must be present . .

Tony

Mick Fisher
11-12-2011, 13:41
Looks like it will be easier and quicker to find another ISP than to get meaningful support from VM once Albert Dock is gone.

ATM not counting VM I have a choice of 2 other FTTC providers here and hoping soon to have 3. I fear the writing might now be on the wall for VM unless they can up their game re providing quality connections and trained support instead of offshored muppets.