PDA

View Full Version : Too much NOISE on my line

walsh2509
05-12-2011, 09:34
Called 150 and got the msg we know you have a problem (shock) spoke to a guy and told him the story of no connection since Friday night, well apart from me having to reboot the modem every 2-3 mins to get a connection that lasts a couple of minutes.

I gave him the job ref number and he said he seen it had been raise yesterday 10am, came back a moment or so later and said its a low signal, looks like there is to much noise on your line. But you should get intermittent connections, I said, no I only get a connection if I reboot and that for all of 2 mins, he told me that he had looked again at my connection and there had been 17 timeouts in the 4 minutes since he did a reboot of my modem.

I asked when this would be fixed, he said they could be out checking the junction box and cables today to find out that is casuing the noise, but it could be Thursday before its fixed.

So the wait since reporting the fault could be 5 days, longer, if as the guy I spoke to said they might have to replace cables.

Digital Fanatic
05-12-2011, 11:20
Called 150 and got the msg we know you have a problem (shock) spoke to a guy and told him the story of no connection since Friday night, well apart from me having to reboot the modem every 2-3 mins to get a connection that lasts a couple of minutes.

I gave him the job ref number and he said he seen it had been raise yesterday 10am, came back a moment or so later and said its a low signal, looks like there is to much noise on your line. But you should get intermittent connections, I said, no I only get a connection if I reboot and that for all of 2 mins, he told me that he had looked again at my connection and there had been 17 timeouts in the 4 minutes since he did a reboot of my modem.

I asked when this would be fixed, he said they could be out checking the junction box and cables today to find out that is casuing the noise, but it could be Thursday before its fixed.

So the wait since reporting the fault could be 5 days, longer, if as the guy I spoke to said they might have to replace cables.

If it's noise (SNR) then it can take a few days to track down whats causing it.. it could be faulty equipment or a dodgy modem hook-up on the network.

General Maximus
05-12-2011, 21:55
it's all good dude, at least they are acknowleding the fact there is a problem and they are onto it. I had this a couple of years ago and it took them 3 days to fix but at least it got sorted and everything went back to full whack again

Nopanic
09-12-2011, 15:46

Did he give you the ref?

Kursk
11-12-2011, 17:20
Did he give you the ref?

Apologies for the hijack but walsh2509 hasn't replied to you Nopanic so I wondered if you could help me? I've been told there is 'too much noise on my line' and all I seem to be doing is getting time outs, drops and rebooting.

I wasn't given a ref no. I have the ADSL service and it is dire at the moment. This just isn't the service I'm used to getting from VM.

Nopanic
11-12-2011, 21:27
Apologies for the hijack but walsh2509 hasn't replied to you Nopanic so I wondered if you could help me? I've been told there is 'too much noise on my line' and all I seem to be doing is getting time outs, drops and rebooting.

I wasn't given a ref no. I have the ADSL service and it is dire at the moment. This just isn't the service I'm used to getting from VM.

I'd need a ref to look at it mate, if they are telling you there is something that requires further work, then a reference should be requested for you to quote when you call up, or ask us on here.

Kursk
12-12-2011, 00:28
I'd need a ref to look at it mate, if they are telling you there is something that requires further work, then a reference should be requested for you to quote when you call up, or ask us on here.

Ok, thanks Nopanic. I won't bother you if they do get somewhere with the noise issue, if they don't I'll get a ref and pm you. Thanks again :)