PDA

View Full Version : Update On Loss Of Connetion

walsh2509
04-12-2011, 13:40
Re Fault ... Got a call today from VM tech seems its low power from a cable in my area , but that was only after I told him I still had a fault. I was told yesterday that a Tech would be sent to my house on Monday 12am - 4pm. I got a call today from another Tech, pleased to tell you that it was a fault in your area causing your problem and its now fixed and the Tech for Monday had been cancelled.

I said no its not , I still don't have a connection (bar rebooting my modem and getting 2 to 3 minutes of connetion) hold on , about 5mins later he comes back , there is still a fault in your Area someone will be looking at this.

Hold on I said , you mean as long as there is an Known Fault a Fault that VM know about , I don't get a visit from a Tech. But that could go on and on, as the fault is a low power from a cable in my area then its a good bet its from the VM juntion box just outside my front door. And I have not seen a tech at that box in about a year, I then asked if the "Fault" was one "Fixed" from a desk in an office or someone coming to my street? He replied , it depended on the type of Fault.

So I said , bottom line until this "new" Known fault is fixed , I will only get a visit if I still have a problem, Yes!

I told him I went into the VM Service page the other day to see if there was a Known Faults in my area, I told him I put my post code in and the page came up .. it had 3 icons down the left hand side Phone TV and Broardband and all Icons were Green with GOOD in each box.

But looks I will just have to wait until the known fault is fixed .. when ever that is ? and only after this is fixed , then if I still have a problem only then will they send someone out to the house.

General Maximus
04-12-2011, 22:29
that explanation would have some merrit if your power levels were low but they ain't :D