PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting Advice Please.

Milambar
26-11-2011, 14:17
It seems, the wireless either on the superhub, or on my laptop has failed.

I cannot determine if its the superhub, or my laptop.

The laptop can "see" my network, it just can't seem to connect to it.

Here is what I have done:

Rebooted the superhub (4 times)
No change.

Pinhole reset of superhub
No change.

Reboot of laptop
No change.

Reinstallation of laptops wifi drivers.
No change.

Disabled wireless protection on superhub (turned off wpa-psk and wep, so anyone should be able to connect).
No change.

Installation of InSSIDer on lapop.
Inssider can see mine, and all other networks. Still can't connect.

I don't have another wireless device with which to use. What would be the next step in determining where the fault lies?

Milambar
26-11-2011, 16:17
I think I might have solved it myself. I deleted the device from device manager, and downloaded fresh drivers from broadcom and not my laptop manufacturers website as the drivers on Acer were dated from 2010. The ones on broadcom from 7/11.

A huge improvement. It connected and Im getting reasonable speeds.

Mick Fisher
26-11-2011, 20:34
Let's hope it remains so.

In spite of R30 I'm still experiencing spurious reboots, loss of signal etc.

I've about given up on the superhub now. It remains the worst bit of hardware I have ever come across.

Time to see if modem mode will work for me.

General Maximus
27-11-2011, 08:47
i am baffled why after all this time people are stuill trying to use to use wireless on the shub. The very first thing I did when I got the shub before I went on the internet or ran speed tests or anything was to bang it in modem mode and attach my router to it.

kwikbreaks
27-11-2011, 09:07
I don't think this is a problem with the hub. I've had can-see can't-connect in the past and have always found that deleting the adaptor and going through the network setup process again fixes it. I think Windows gets its knickers in a twist from time to time.

I don't even think it was the new drivers as deleting the adaptor doesn't (sfaik) delete the drivers.

Deleting the adaptor and setting it up again is what I was going to suggest after reading the first post.