PDA

View Full Version : Superhub New 30mb install poor wireless performance

vince_vega
10-11-2011, 15:10
Hi everyone, I had 30mb broadband with super hub and TiVO installed yesterday and all is fine but for one thing, I am suffering from very slow wireless performance on all my wifi devices such as Galaxy s phone (did have all 3 bars lit up on phone display and now i don't have any) and the xbox 360 sometimes kicks me out of games and takes an age to connect to xbox live.
Do any of you technical wizards have any possible solutions that could help me out?

PS my hub is upstairs and before the super hub was installed i had excellent wifi reception all over the house with an old net gear router.

General Maximus
10-11-2011, 18:55
i had excellent wifi reception all over the house with an old net gear router.

problem solved dude. Basically the superhub is rubbish for wireless and you could bum around finding the right combination of settings such as wireless speed and what channel to use etc etc but at the end of the day you shouldn't have to. If you have got a router which you are perfectly happy with you can put the superhub is modem mode (which turns it into a modem and disables all routing functionality) and use your old router like you used.

I appreciate the fact that we all like new shiny gadgets to play with but in this case you'll be doing yourself a favour sticking with the old stuff.