PDA

View Full Version : Got new contract after getting Superhub is that right?

GazCBG
09-11-2011, 17:24
Hi,

Last week I phone up VM to get a Superhub as my router had gone wrong, there was nothing said about a new contract on the phone from Customer service.

Today we got a new contract, and just want to make sure this is right, that you get a new contract when you get the superhub?

On the contract it looks like we just joined them but we haven't so does this mean it is a year contract for all 3 services or just the broardband?

BenMcr
09-11-2011, 17:31
Did you pay for the SuperHub or get it free?

The pricing is designed to recontract if you get the SuperHub free as a new bit of kit i.e not replacing an existing SuperHub, as you usually only get it free as part of taking out or upgrading broadband

Obviously you are supposed to be told that it's a new 12 month term. It would just be recontracting the broadband as well

lowei
09-11-2011, 17:36
Can they put you on a new contract if its virgins own router which has gone wrong?

GazCBG
09-11-2011, 17:39
They said it was free.

BenMcr
09-11-2011, 17:43
Can they put you on a new contract if its virgins own router which has gone wrong?No, but it's not been done as a fault replacement, it's been done as a kit upgrade when is usually a customer request so can be recontracting

Whoever has done it hasn't followed company process

GazCBG
09-11-2011, 17:47
I see now, I fully understand it, just a bit of a supprise.
I have one more question about the contract.

I am most likely going to upgrade to 100Mb this weekend, so I presume we will get another contract for that. Am I best off signing both or just the one with 100Mb?

BenMcr
09-11-2011, 17:49
Probably best to sign the latest one you get - so the one for 100Mbit as that will superceed the one in-error SuperHub one