PDA

View Full Version : 50M Superhub 50mb PS3 very slow any solutions yet?

zammo
09-11-2011, 15:30
I've heard complaints before online about ps3 and superhub problems, I have 50mb connection, but downloading and playing online is very slow and laggy, PC is fine and running at 50mb, anyone know any ideas solutions?

Thanks.:)

toonlight
09-11-2011, 19:30
I've heard complaints before online about ps3 and superhub problems, I have 50mb connection, but downloading and playing online is very slow and laggy, PC is fine and running at 50mb, anyone know any ideas solutions?

Thanks.:)

Are you connecting the PS3 to wired (ethernet cable) or wireless network? It does matter between the two options :dozey: to which one you use.

Just thinking out loud here, whats your set up... for others & myself to point your problem/solution?

Virgin modem > router > PS3 (ethernet cable)
Virgin modem (wireless) > PS3
Virgin modem > PS3 (direct ethernet cable)

Wireless as everyone knows is laggy at most time for gaming hence some use a wired connection to solve most problems... best thing to do is to connect up your PS3 with ethernet cable to see if that changes things - simple as that. If the problems are still there it's another thing that causing it... I hope that helps you out with basic problem solver/finder solution zammo we are all here to help each other out... simples mee thinks :dunce:

toonlight

General Maximus
09-11-2011, 19:37
if you are using the superhub as a router and not in modem mode (which is why you are having your problems) you need to put the ps3 in the DMZ and I would suggest disabling ip flood detection and the firewall as well

zammo
11-11-2011, 16:53
Thanks for help, The setup is Virgin modem (wireless) > PS3, I have tried wired but with not much change.

I shall try this:ps3 in the DMZ and I would suggest disabling ip flood detection and the firewall as well

Cheers.