PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow area - broadband down since Sunday

Scruff
08-11-2011, 11:16
No broadband access since Sunday morning - latest update from Virgin - won't be fixed until Friday. This is affecting most of the Glasgow area (but not all). Apparently the bits of the story from India that I could understand (!) is that there has been power fluctuations that have taken out the main hub for Glasgow (?) They are apparently working on it but it won't be fixed until Friday. Astonishing to say the least. Anyone else have problems in Glasgow?

HD Boy
08-11-2011, 11:36
No broadband access since Sunday morning - latest update from Virgin - won't be fixed until Friday. This is affecting most of the Glasgow area (but not all). Apparently the bits of the story from India that I could understand (!) is that there has been power fluctuations that have taken out the main hub for Glasgow (?) They are apparently working on it but it won't be fixed until Friday. Astonishing to say the least. Anyone else have problems in Glasgow?
I am in the paisley area and everything is fine.

Digital Fanatic
08-11-2011, 11:56

Do you have a ticket number? I've checked and we don't have any widescale issues in Glasgow. The only area fault I can see for PA5 and PA10. This is awaiting a card change in the early hours of tomorrow.

Scruff
08-11-2011, 12:39
I've spoken with India again this morning who tell me that there is still a fault in the G73 area and that it should be fixed by 2pm now. No offer to log a call or get a ticket number - I presumed because it is a known issue. Should I be insisting on a ticket number? Thanks for your help. (god its hard work trying to get them to find out the status of the problem without asking them for a ticket number but if thats what I should do then I'll take a valium and persevere)

I have to add that when I type in my phone number on "my virgin media" it does come up and tell me there is a known problem. Also when I dial 150 from my home phone it has a recorded message saying "users in the Glasgow area are experiencing difficulty connecting to broadband" or words to that effect.

Digital Fanatic
08-11-2011, 13:08
I've spoken with India again this morning who tell me that there is still a fault in the G73 area and that it should be fixed by 2pm now. No offer to log a call or get a ticket number - I presumed because it is a known issue. Should I be insisting on a ticket number? Thanks for your help. (god its hard work trying to get them to find out the status of the problem without asking them for a ticket number but if thats what I should do then I'll take a valium and persevere)

I have to add that when I type in my phone number on "my virgin media" it does come up and tell me there is a known problem. Also when I dial 150 from my home phone it has a recorded message saying "users in the Glasgow area are experiencing difficulty connecting to broadband" or words to that effect.

Just spoke to Glasgow Outage desk and they say there was a larger issue yesterday, they confirmed fixed this morning and closed that ticket around 12 midday. It covered a few postcodes in Glasgow.

djfunkdup
08-11-2011, 13:33

Glasgow here and on the cow6 node...everything is kool not had any problems..

hope this helps..

Stephen
08-11-2011, 14:17
I am in the paisley area and everything is fine.

That's hardly in Glasgow though lol.

My BB was off this morning in G31.

There was a large power outage in parts of Glasgow last night originating in Govan. Scottish power did fix it though but there were a lot of problems in the Southside.

HD Boy
08-11-2011, 14:26
That's hardly in Glasgow though lol.

My BB was off this morning in G31.

Paisley is part of the Renfrew headend.

Stephen
08-11-2011, 14:28
But the broadband feed/network is a bit more complicated than just headends.

HD Boy
08-11-2011, 14:31
But the broadband feed/network is a bit more complicated than just headends.
Thanks for the info.

KenK
08-11-2011, 21:35

I have to add that when I type in my phone number on "my virgin media" it does come up and tell me there is a known problem. Also when I dial 150 from my home phone it has a recorded message saying "users in the Glasgow area are experiencing difficulty connecting to broadband" or words to that effect.OK in my part of G73, apart from the power problem last night that took out much of south Glasgow for a half-hour. It all (tv bb phone) came back fine afterwards.

Scruff
08-11-2011, 21:40
Everything back to normal this evening. This afternoon it came back but then became unavailable again. From about 6pm tonight all has been well. Thank you all very much for your input. Its much appreciated.

berkut
08-11-2011, 23:38
Do you have a ticket number? I've checked and we don't have any widescale issues in Glasgow. The only area fault I can see for PA5 and PA10. This is awaiting a card change in the early hours of tomorrow.

In PA14 and internet dropped about 30mins ago.... would we be affected by this card change?

Glad I have a dongle I can use in emergencies...

Digital Fanatic
09-11-2011, 15:59
In PA14 and internet dropped about 30mins ago.... would we be affected by this card change?

Glad I have a dongle I can use in emergencies...

Not AFAIK mate

berkut
09-11-2011, 16:20
It came back online around 2am this morning.

Noticed on the status page this morning also that there was an ongoing problem logged for the PA14 postcode area.

Was not too inconvenienced... to be honest broadband has been pretty rock solid here and this is the first problem I have had in 12 months and I have a superhub as well which has performed perfectly.

Some other folks have not been so lucky...