PDA

View Full Version : recordings library all been deleted'' help''

tantanning
06-11-2011, 08:52
i have a'' WHARFEDALE 250GB TWIN TUNER DVR''.CAN NOT GIVE YOU THE MODEL NUMBER BECAUSE LOOKED IN BOOK AND NOT THERE.some channels when i record on skip so i keep trying to turn it on &off and keep doing a 1st time set up when i re-turn it to try to stop the skipping. sometimes works sometimes dont.this time i done this a message came up saying do you want to FORMAT i said no .went back to play a film and it said you cant play or record.so the next time the message came up to format i said YES. and everything i did keep in my library have been ''deleted'' a few years worth.is there ''ANYWAY'' i can get all this back. please ''HELP'' if i cant thats the way it has to be. thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me.

Peter_
06-11-2011, 08:59
If you have formatted it then it will have been wiped with random ones and zeroes making recovery impossible, you can do the same with a Virgin Media V+ box which has the same effect.

spiderplant
06-11-2011, 10:53
It seems it had a fault where the hard drive became corrupted, and a reformat was necessary. Unfortunately you will have lost all recordings, but hopefully the problem is now fixed for you.

Graham M
06-11-2011, 12:50
Probably not, no