PDA

View Full Version : 50M virgin media SUPERHUB question 50meg

kezia932
02-11-2011, 18:41
I want 50 meg but I want to use my own wireless router I have a netgear 3700

And what seen in the forum there are issues with the hub as a combined unit .

Do Anyone know if you can use the hub as a standard router so i can use my own router and is there any issues with the ps3 connected to it and is there port forwarding on it anyway on the hub .

I phoned virgin and they said if I want 50meg I got to have the hub how crap is this .but I preferrer the setup I have now that i use on my 20meg I don't want a combined router and wireless router I think virgin should give its customers what they need as if I don't get a separate modem its there loss not mine

Thanks any help would be great as i got no where on the phone today .
why did they go this way for .

sollp
02-11-2011, 18:47
I want 50 meg but I want to use my own wireless router I have a netgear 3700

And what seen in the forum there are issues with the hub as a combined unit .

Do Anyone know if you can use the hub as a standard router so i can use my own router and is there any issues with the ps3 connected to it and is there port forwarding on it anyway on the hub .

I phoned virgin and they said if I want 50meg I got to have the hub how crap is this .but I preferrer the setup I have now that i use on my 20meg I don't want a combined router and wireless router I think virgin should give its customers what they need as if I don't get a separate modem its there loss not mine

Thanks any help would be great as i got no where on the phone today .
why did they go this way for .

Most issues have been dealt with by the recent firmware upgrades and you can just have the modem/router in modem only mode in the R30 upgrade.

kezia932
02-11-2011, 19:26
hi thank you very much

virgin have just confirmed that i can use my own wireless router on the hub

GREAT NEWS LETS HOPE ITS WORKS WHEN THEY INSTALL IT .

sollp
02-11-2011, 20:25
hi thank you very much

virgin have just confirmed that i can use my own wireless router on the hub

GREAT NEWS LETS HOPE ITS WORKS WHEN THEY INSTALL IT .

Yes it will need setting up for it to do this though, so make sure you explain this to the installer