PDA

View Full Version : 20M to 30M - Prices?

Superblade7
28-10-2011, 18:01
Guys,

Does anyone know whether the price for 30M BB is the same / more / less than 20M? I'm considering upgrading but just wondered what the price difference is?

I can't really tell from my bills as I have a bundle with loyalty discounts and obviously 20M is no longer available to new customers so no price on the website.

Sorry, I know I can ring up but I'm being lazy and tend to get better responses on here than from some VM operators!

Cheers

Superblade

thenry
28-10-2011, 18:54
your loyalty discount will probably go, your bundle discount will remain, you'll get put on a new contract. can you dig out your old bill, not the new style one but the old style posting all your charges/discounts/extras/ etc. ?

Superblade7
30-10-2011, 19:11
thenry, thanks for the response. If I loose my loyalty discounts it won't be worth it as I've got a really good deal but I usually ring up and have a barter with retentions and they sort me out.

Just for info though, the standard charge for the 20MB BB on one of my older bills is charged at £37. Does anyone know what's the standard charge for 30MB?

Superblade

djfunkdup
30-10-2011, 19:44
loyalty discounts...tell me more please.. :)

thenry
30-10-2011, 21:46
thenry, thanks for the response. If I loose my loyalty discounts it won't be worth it as I've got a really good deal but I usually ring up and have a barter with retentions and they sort me out.

Just for info though, the standard charge for the 20MB BB on one of my older bills is charged at £37. Does anyone know what's the standard charge for 30MB?

Superblade

£28.50. i can't really help you much here without knowing what your bills like.

have a look at this thread as well as the forum/search - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33673990-update-all-20-30mb-upgrade-discussion.html

daggman
31-10-2011, 08:59
If you have loyalty discounts its best just to go direct to retentions, because CS cant help you, CS messed me about when i wanted TIVO because of discounts, ended up going to retentions explaining the problems i was having with CS, chap straight away had me TIVO sorted and gave me the free 30mb Upgrade that i had been trying to get out of CS months ago but CS told me i would have to loose loyalty discount, but retentions guy explained that CS only have limited powers and he would sort it without losing discounts. whole experiance was pleasant and only took a few minutes.

tucker61
31-10-2011, 21:23
I enquired last week and was told I would loose my discounts, my bill would rise by approx £7.00 per month.

Superblade7
05-11-2011, 15:00
Finally got around to ringing VM retentions and similar to tucker, my monthly bill would go up by around £7 as for some reason my loyalty discount would reduce by around £4 if I took the 30MB.

20MB is more than enough for me but always like to look to get a better product if it doesn't mean much change in the price. The VM website would suggest it's no extra for 30MB if you upgrade from 20MB but I assume that would only be if you're on a standard pricing structure.

Thanks again to everyone for the replies, have a good weekend all.

Superblade