PDA

View Full Version : More Virgin Latency

Teessider
28-10-2011, 04:08
I'm new here & this is my first post , so first of all Hello Everyone:)

My problem is , even though my D/L & U/L speeds are fine , I get really bad juttery spikes when browsing or playing games

For example in WOW i'll be running at 80fps then 5 mins later it'll drop to 8fps & so on & so forth

Was wondering if this is a known issue , only started happening about 4 days ago and have yet to phone Virgin as I see others have had similar issues in the past and they eventually get fixed

Can people having similar issues in the Teesside area let me know if they are suffering or even if they have a temporary fix

Will phone Virgin over next day or two but quietly confident i'll get fobbed off

adzii_nufc
28-10-2011, 07:22
For example in WOW i'll be running at 80fps then 5 mins later it'll drop to 8fps & so on & so forth

As far as I'm aware there are no connections between Latency and FPS?

That would be solely hardware related unless I'm wrong and could be caused by countless problems on a standard desktop.

the most common latency problem with WoW is a persistent problem which pops up every so often for UK players all over the country. They reach pings of over 3000ms when trying to play. There are fixes for this which I have posted in another WoW related thread. For now though that issue is resolved for most.

Teessider
28-10-2011, 07:56
Maybe i'm describing it wrong , the WOW was an example , in regards to when that happens my browser and evrything will slow to almost a halt , even though my Home/World MS will stay the same , so yeah maybe it's not latency as such but really bad jitters every 5 mins

Ignitionnet
28-10-2011, 10:01
If you're seeing FPS drop in game every 5 minutes it is your computer that is the issue, not VM.

Everything slowing to a halt even offline stuff sounds like something is making your hard drive thrash / you're running out of RAM.

zer0
29-10-2011, 00:56
my jitters been pretty good recently, although its still not optimal, its better than the 20-30 range it was in a few months ago

http://www.pingtest.net/result/49481984.png (http://www.pingtest.net)