PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Spotify

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 13:19
Rather than it being in the 'Coming Soon to Virgin TV' thread I thought I'd create this one for non-TV related discussion

HD Boy
27-10-2011, 13:21
Er no, you only have to recontract your service. You aren't required to upgrade
Good News :) but How will existing customers add the 6 months free Spotify premium offer ?

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 13:30
As far as I'm aware how it'll work is that you'll get a offer code to add to your Spotify account

This is only possible from a 'Open' account though. Any existing Premium customer will have to downgrade to an 'Open' account first as it's designed to revert to the 'Open' service at the end of the offer period

HD Boy
27-10-2011, 13:33
As far as I'm aware how it'll work is that you'll get a offer code to add to your Spotify account

This is only possible from a 'Open' account though. Any existing Premium customer will have to downgrade to an 'Open' account first as it's designed to revert to the 'Open' service at the end of the offer period
Thanks Ben :)

denphone
27-10-2011, 13:36

So Virgin will send us this offer code through a email for existing Spotify account holders who have Virgins broadband.

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 13:45
Yes, I believe so which is why it's important to make sure you have the right e-mail as the contact address in My Virgin Media

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Actually need to correct myself here. Although an e-mail will be sent via your contact address with sign up instructions, the actual sign up is via My Apps within My Virgin Media

denphone
27-10-2011, 13:48
Yes, I believe so which is why it's important to make sure you have the right e-mail as the contact address in My Virgin Media

Well there will be no problems there as l only use one email address with Virgin.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Actually need to correct myself here. Although an e-mail will be sent via your contact address with sign up instructions, the actual sign up is via My Apps within My Virgin Media

l have used my Facebook account details to sign up to Spotify so that should not be a problem should it.

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 13:49
Nope

Helix
27-10-2011, 13:50
So if we are an existing customer with 30mb broadband, can we sign up through My Virgin Media when it comes back up (you would have thought they would have done maintenance overnight on the day they launch a new service) and it will email the code and extend the broadband contract for 12 months.

Or am I going to have to spend ages on the phone explaining what Spotify is to India.

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 13:54
Customer Services have to apply the offer to your account, and then once you get the confirmation e-mail you have to register through My VM

HD Boy
27-10-2011, 13:56
Or am I going to have to spend ages on the phone explaining what Spotify is to India. Phone at 8.30am. You usually get through to the UK.

Helix
27-10-2011, 13:58
Customer Services have to apply the offer to your account, and then once you get the confirmation e-mail you have to register through My VM

Probably not worth the effort then, I can just imagine the phone call now. It took me two attempts to connect to someone who knew what Tivo was when I ordered that.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

Phone at 8.30am. You usually get through to the UK.

Usually at work by 8.30, and I don't want to pay to call the 0845 number from my mobile.

HD Boy
27-10-2011, 14:00
probably not worth the effort then, i can just imagine the phone call now. It took me two attempts to connect to someone who knew what tivo was when i ordered that.

---------- post added at 13:58 ---------- previous post was at 13:57 ----------

usually at work by 8.30, and i don't want to pay to call the 0845 number from my mobile. Try 0125 675 2000
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 14:04
Try 0125 675 2000
http://www.saynoto0870.com/That would be the number for Head Office who will just transfer you into the normal Customer Services queue

HD Boy
27-10-2011, 14:06
That would be the number for Head Office who will just transfer you into the normal Customer Services queue
That number will not cost as much as a 0845 number.

devilincarnate
27-10-2011, 14:17
I think that I will wait to upgrade to the premium, Until they get the Blackberry App up and running ( As the Spotify BB App has just gone in to Beta testing ).

No point in paying for something until you can fully use all the product?

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 14:19
I think that I will wait to upgrade to the premium, Until they get the Blackberry App up and running ( As the Spotify BB App has just gone in to Beta testing ).

No point in paying for something until you can fully use all the product?I thought Spotify Premium customers can use the BB app now anyway?

BenJSmyth
27-10-2011, 14:19
This sounds like good news. I phoned up on the weekend to upgrade my 50mb service to 100mb. As this has come about after (but not due for install till 16th Nov) should this apply to me as well or am I best calling up?

devilincarnate
27-10-2011, 14:21
I thought Spotify Premium customers can use the BB app now anyway?

Not from this Ben?

We’ve tested our app on the following devices: 9780 Bold, 9700 Bold, 9300 Curve, 9000 Bold, 8520 Curve. Currently the app only supports phones running on GSM networks. CDMA-network phones and Torch 9800 are not currently compatible.

The app is available now as a preview for those of you who want to give it an early try and as soon as we have a final, fully tested version we’ll release it to the App World. Enjoy!

http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2011/10/18/introducing-spotify-for-your-blackberry/

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 14:29
This sounds like good news. I phoned up on the weekend to upgrade my 50mb service to 100mb. As this has come about after (but not due for install till 16th Nov) should this apply to me as well or am I best calling up?Path of least resistance will be to phone up after you've been installed.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

Not from this Ben?

http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2011/10/18/introducing-spotify-for-your-blackberry/As long as you've not got the Torch 9800 you can download it directly from Spotify.

They aren't going to put it in the App world until it's an 'official' release as it's probably a little bit unstable at the mo or something

devilincarnate
27-10-2011, 14:33
As long as you've not got the Torch 9800 you can download it directly from Spotify.

As you may have guessed I have got 2 Torch 9800's So I think that I will wait till it is fully available?

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 14:36
In that case yes I would ;)

BenJSmyth
27-10-2011, 14:38
Thank you Ben. I shall do that.

passingbat
27-10-2011, 15:30
Last time I checked, Spotify had 3 tiers:

Free -- only 10 hours listening per month and adds PC only

5 pounds p/m --- unlimited listening, no adds, can only be accessed through a PC

10 pounds p/m --- as above but also through smart phones etc.

Which options will we get on Tivo?

Helix
27-10-2011, 15:38
Last time I checked, Spotify had 3 tiers:

Free -- only 10 hours listening per month and adds PC only

5 pounds p/m --- unlimited listening, no adds, can only be accessed through a PC

10 pounds p/m --- as above but also through smart phones etc.

Which options will we get on Tivo?

£10 a month premium only I should think. For anything other than PC use, you have to be on premium normally. This has been the case for Mobile, Sonos, Squeezebox, Boxee box and the countries that already have Spotify through a STB.

BenMcr
27-10-2011, 15:50
Oh btw this might interest those who want to use Spotify with a mobile ;)

http://www.itproportal.com/2011/10/06/exclusive-virgin-media-offer-free-spotify-access-over-3g/

Rob Kerr from One Mobile Ring has exclusively learnt that Virgin Media will soon be announcing that popular music streaming service Spotify will be accessible on Virgin Mobile phones without incurring any data charges, or affecting the accompanying phone’s data allowance.

This applies to all Virgin Mobile customers

BenJSmyth
27-10-2011, 17:42
Oh btw this might interest those who want to use Spotify with a mobile ;)

http://www.itproportal.com/2011/10/06/exclusive-virgin-media-offer-free-spotify-access-over-3g/

This applies to all Virgin Mobile customers

That's excellent news. Makes me all new Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 even more of a bargain!

Milambar
27-10-2011, 18:32
Seems Im not eligible for the offer. I'm already on 30Mb and not interested (or more honestly can't afford) in upgrading to 50MB.

The text in my.virginmedia.com suggests its only for new or upgrading customers. I quote "Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months.". I'm already on 30Mb so I would have to upgrade to 50Mb.

I initially thought that being already on 30Mb would automatically qualify me, but according to the FAQ's linked on that page, if I am eligible, a "Register" link will appear when I mouseover it. It doesn't, so I must not be eligible.

Kinda disappointed.

Gary L
27-10-2011, 19:38
Rather than it being in the 'Coming Soon to Virgin TV' thread I thought I'd create this one for non-TV related discussion

Sorry, I'm lost?

PaulH225
27-10-2011, 20:38
Seems Im not eligible for the offer. I'm already on 30Mb and not interested (or more honestly can't afford) in upgrading to 50MB.

The text in my.virginmedia.com suggests its only for new or upgrading customers. I quote "Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months.". I'm already on 30Mb so I would have to upgrade to 50Mb.

I initially thought that being already on 30Mb would automatically qualify me, but according to the FAQ's linked on that page, if I am eligible, a "Register" link will appear when I mouseover it. It doesn't, so I must not be eligible.

Kinda disappointed.

The small print at the bottom of the Spotify (http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-extras/spotify.html) page says: "Spotify cable offer: Offer available to new XL, XXL and 100Mb customers, and to existing XL, XXL and 100Mb customers on signing up to a new 12-month contract."

So you should be eligible, but you have to sign a new 12-month contract probably through Customer Services as mentioned earlier.

Paul

gadge
27-10-2011, 21:38
I thought Spotify Premium customers can use the BB app now anyway?

Yes they can im using it on my 9780 at the moment pretty damn good as well just waiting on the app for tivo.

Nopanic
27-10-2011, 22:24
Ok, Sorry Ben you're a little bit mixed up here.

A user with 30Mb+ will be able to re-contract (having a spotify code added to their account) allowing them access via MYVM.

As it stands so far anyway ..

edit: when you sign up you have two options, create a new account with Spotify via VM, or link your Open Spot account to VM and auto upgrade it to prem.

RB2004
27-10-2011, 22:33
I dont understand...

Ive already got a Spotify 12 months offer from VM a few months back, which gave me spotify on my mobile, and computer.

but why cant i use via my.virginmedia.com

the code came from VM

Nopanic
27-10-2011, 22:35
Different offers mate.

You don't technically us it from MYVM anyway, all MYVM will do is sign you up and point you to Spotify to download the client.

RB2004
27-10-2011, 22:43
it says on the FAQs,

To create a new Spotify account or link an existing account:
Sign into My Virgin Media.
If you haven't registered for My Virgin Media or can't remember your details, see How do I sign in to My Virgin Media?
Click My Apps at the top of the page.
If you're eligible to get Spotify, you'll see a Spotify box on the My Apps page.
Move your cursor over the Spotify box and click Register.
Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new account or link your existing Spotify account.
Once you've registered your Spotify account, you can download and install the program.

BUT

under My Apps, it has Spotify with the text,

You will need to re-contract in order to get the Spotify 6 Month offer, call 0845 650 4545 to find out more

in the grey box, and when i hover over just says overview and FAQs

but I definitely got a code from VM before for 12 months, and even have subscription left.

Subscription status

You are registered for Spotify Premium until 2012-08-15

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Different offers mate.

You don't technically us it from MYVM anyway, all MYVM will do is sign you up and point you to Spotify to download the client.

Then why does it say you can link an existing account in the FAQs :S lol

if u dont use spotify via my virgin media, is there any point in having it as an app? lol

Nopanic
27-10-2011, 23:06
It's talking about a none vm account .. Say I signed up to spotify external to VM I could link that. The offer you have means there's no point linking ... You wouldn't gain anything. When it expires re contract and then link it and get 6 months again.

zeozhane
28-10-2011, 06:23
What about customers on the VIP package?

Do we need to call and recontract again (i think i already done this when i got my free tivo box at the start of the year)

Nopanic
28-10-2011, 07:17
What about customers on the VIP package?

Do we need to call and recontract again (i think i already done this when i got my free tivo box at the start of the year)

I believe so, but I would expect customer care to have some kind of offer or deal.. Maybe ? I don't deal with that kinda thing...

gadge
28-10-2011, 15:22
Question for ben or anyone else who knows i have signed for spotify for my blackberry 9780 how would this work for the tivo app?.

BenMcr
28-10-2011, 15:23
I would expect it'll work in a similar way to the Twitter login. You associate it through the My TiVo apps www.virginmedia.com/mytivoapps (http://www.virginmedia.com/mytivoapps) and then login on TiVo itself

gadge
28-10-2011, 19:36
I would expect it'll work in a similar way to the Twitter login. You associate it through the My TiVo apps www.virginmedia.com/mytivoapps (http://www.virginmedia.com/mytivoapps) and then login on TiVo itself

Thanks just wait now for pricing then.

gadge
29-10-2011, 16:43
How many devices can you use on a premium account on spotify cant for the life find out on their website.So i have one on my blackberry one on the tivo app when it arrives but our eldest wants it on her mobile a blackberry as well.

BenMcr
29-10-2011, 17:19
How many devices can you use on a premium account on spotify cant for the life find out on their website.So i have one on my blackberry one on the tivo app when it arrives but our eldest wants it on her mobile a blackberry as well.http://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/tech/multiple-locations/

nefu
29-10-2011, 17:24
I am an existing 50mb customer. Called CS earlier and they knew all about the deal, recontracted for 12 months (no sweat, only one month in to a new deal anyway) and they said in 24 hours I will have access. Thanks VM, nice offer and easy to do.

Nopanic
30-10-2011, 00:58
I am an existing 50mb customer. Called CS earlier and they knew all about the deal, recontracted for 12 months (no sweat, only one month in to a new deal anyway) and they said in 24 hours I will have access. Thanks VM, nice offer and easy to do.

24 hours ?

Should of been there and then, they add a billing code to your account and it provisions within seconds.

Unless they need to get a select group of agents to do it ..

Either way, up take is picking up and so far so good.. I actually think this product is an excellent idea, nothing to run slow, or for the business to complain to me about either :D

BenMcr
30-10-2011, 12:05
24 hours ?

Should of been there and then, they add a billing code to your account and it provisions within seconds.I think they were erring on the side of caution. Better to say 24 hours and customers are happy they got it earlier, rather than say 'immediately' and they phone back complaining if there is any delay ;)

Same happens with the TV channels and Phone feature changes

Nopanic
30-10-2011, 12:33
ah but, 24 hours disguises a fault with BBI stuff .. you're adding 24 hours of delay to a customer :)

ok, say a few hours, in case something is broken.

Sirius
30-10-2011, 12:38
I think they were erring on the side of caution. Better to say 24 hours and customers are happy they got it earlier, rather than say 'immediately' and they phone back complaining if there is any delay ;)

Same happens with the TV channels and Phone feature changes

Would love to have this offer but as staff i cannot :(

Peter_
30-10-2011, 12:41
24 hours ?

Should of been there and then, they add a billing code to your account and it provisions within seconds.

After any upgrade they always advise that it can take up to 24 hours for it to go live but in most cases it is within an hour or two, if they said it was instant then it would cause many unwarranted callbacks causing repeats against agents and negative NPS scores unless massaged as with offshore.

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Would love to have this offer but as staff i cannot :(
I think this is worth more.

http://www.parteaz.co.uk/922-1476-large/red-latex-balloons.jpg

Nopanic
30-10-2011, 13:05
You know what, it's actually really good mate .. And why can't staff have It ?

Sirius
30-10-2011, 13:16
You know what, it's actually really good mate .. And why can't staff have It ?

I phoned up and asked and the answer was NO :(

BenMcr
30-10-2011, 13:29
I phoned up and asked and the answer was NO :(That's cos they've already we'll get something next year

Sirius
30-10-2011, 14:17
That's cos they've already we'll get something next yearHope so, Where did they say that btw

Nopanic
30-10-2011, 14:27
That's cos they've already we'll get something next year

Sorry I don't understand that sentence ?

Or the reason behind not giving it to staff ?

I shall find out though.

Sirius
30-10-2011, 14:29
Sorry I don't understand that sentence ?

Or the reason behind not giving it to staff ?

I shall find out though.

i think he meant "That's cos they've already said we'll get something next year"

Nopanic
30-10-2011, 14:33
i think he meant "That's cos they've already said we'll get something next year"

oh, but that doesn't explain anything ?

BenMcr
30-10-2011, 15:39
oh, but that doesn't explain anything ?No it doesn't, but it's not supposed to. It was just supposed to stop staff continually asking about any staff offer ;)

Nopanic
30-10-2011, 17:39
Fair enough ..

Sirius
30-10-2011, 17:53
No it doesn't, but it's not supposed to. It was just supposed to stop staff continually asking about any staff offer ;)

Hang on i asked once ?

BenMcr
30-10-2011, 18:10
Hang on i asked once ?I know you did.

I was quoting from the intranet which said the bit about the staff offer coming next year

Sirius
30-10-2011, 18:12
I know you did.

I was quoting from the intranet which said the bit about the staff offer coming next year

Off to the intranet to have a look :)

Nopanic
30-10-2011, 19:59
Must be one of the other codes then, I guess with the rate deals they need to be sensible ..

nsh
31-10-2011, 10:24
Phoned CS at 0930 this morning and the agent didn't know about the spotify deal (kept saying "45 deal" over and over)and despite asking to speak to a supervisor managed to cut me off after 28 minutes of either hold or disjointed conversation.

pk1
31-10-2011, 10:51
Found this news this morning.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/virgin-media-offers-spotify-on-broadband-and-mobile-tivo-to-follow

Nopanic
31-10-2011, 11:25
Phoned CS at 0930 this morning and the agent didn't know about the spotify deal (kept saying "45 deal" over and over)and despite asking to speak to a supervisor managed to cut me off after 28 minutes of either hold or disjointed conversation.

Sorry but that made me lol .. Not very good customer care but funny to read ..

Ross.Dargan
31-10-2011, 15:11
ok, I managed to sign up for (The UK CS rep didn't have a clue, but she looked it up and got it sorted for me:-D). She quoted 24 hours, but I checked and it was there straight away (I told her so she knows for next time!)

However, when I click register on the spotify app I get taken to a "Oops, somthing's broken page" so guess I'll try again later!

Helix
31-10-2011, 18:58
I don't know why they can't let you re-contract online, they let you order new products. I don't see what's hard about letting you sign up to your existing product for another 12 months online.

nsh
31-10-2011, 20:19
I agree! This evening offshore call centre didn't know about offer, transferred me to nice lady in broadband (UK) who couldn't apply offer but did finally get me to somebody in CS who understood what to do. Spotify app now active.

The whole experience is really frustrating and reminds me why I switched my TV away to Sky+ several years ago. The Tivo looks good and it would be cheaper to go with Virgin completely, but Sky CS and website are streets ahead from my limited experience.

Nopanic
01-11-2011, 07:21
ok, I managed to sign up for (The UK CS rep didn't have a clue, but she looked it up and got it sorted for me:-D). She quoted 24 hours, but I checked and it was there straight away (I told her so she knows for next time!)

However, when I click register on the spotify app I get taken to a "Oops, somthing's broken page" so guess I'll try again later!

Ok we could really do with looking at your account.

I don't know why they can't let you re-contract online, they let you order new products. I don't see what's hard about letting you sign up to your existing product for another 12 months online.

Be patient.

Helix
01-11-2011, 08:35
Ok we could really do with looking at your account.

Be patient.

I have no problem with calling, but Virgin should actually make their staff aware that these offers exist. I tried phoning yesterday and they didn't even know what Spotify was let alone an offer on it.

Nopanic
01-11-2011, 10:06
I agree

BenMcr
01-11-2011, 13:20
I have no problem with calling, but Virgin should actually make their staff aware that these offers exist. I tried phoning yesterday and they didn't even know what Spotify was let alone an offer on it.There was a full brief out to advise agents of the Spotify deal and offers. Every manager should then make sure their agents are aware of it when they come in. It will also be in the offers systems that agents use

mullerman
01-11-2011, 13:43
Had the same problem as above,the lady didnt know what spotify was.After a brief consult with a colleague she said i could apply for it through My Virgin Media login page.Tried but couldnt find anything about spotify.This is a good offer though if you can get it!.Gonna try again later

Nopanic
01-11-2011, 13:59
Had the same problem as above,the lady didnt know what spotify was.After a brief consult with a colleague she said i could apply for it through My Virgin Media login page.Tried but couldnt find anything about spotify.This is a good offer though if you can get it!.Gonna try again later

Yeah, you have to call up to have it added ..

mullerman
04-11-2011, 14:02
Up and running with spotify.Phoned up again and explained the situation and after a few chats with her manager my spotify app in my virgin media had register added to its menu which allowed me to get up and running.Agreed to a new 12 months contract and now have spotify premium for 6 months,really like spotify and use it often,great deal for me

fixerman
04-11-2011, 15:15
Up and running with spotify.Phoned up again and explained the situation and after a few chats with her manager my spotify app in my virgin media had register added to its menu which allowed me to get up and running.Agreed to a new 12 months contract and now have spotify premium for 6 months,really like spotify and use it often,great deal for me

Same here! Based on past experiences I was all set for hassle but I got straight through to a Scottish agent who knew what Spotify was and it took him about 5 minutes to set it all up. He told me that as I had the 30mb broadband that I would have six months free. I went to the "My Virginmedia" page on my computer and selected the Spotify app icon which then took me through the simple process of signing up. I can now listen to Spotify on my PC, my Mac, my iPad, my iPhone and I can stream the music to my surround sound amp using my Apple TV.

It doesn't get much better than this.:angel:

Eat your heart out Murdoch!:mad:

Nopanic
04-11-2011, 16:24
Awesome ... Makes the long hours and sleepless nights worth it .. And no I'm not being sarcastic

denphone
04-11-2011, 17:37

Yes l will phone them up next week and hopefully my process will be as smooth as yours.:)

fixerman
04-11-2011, 21:14
Awesome ... Makes the long hours and sleepless nights worth it .. And no I'm not being sarcastic

Respect!:gpoint:

Tricky Trevor
05-11-2011, 14:35
I contacted CS who told me the password for my account was incorrect even though it's the same one I have been using since the NTL days (which was reset after some security questions) and was told to downgrade my premium account and register through 'My Apps'. So I tried this and couldn't do it as it said I had to recontract which is contary to what the woman in CS told me. She said there was no need to recontract as I'm on 100mb.

An hour later,I called again and this time I goy through to India and the chap had never heard of Spotify and asked me to explain what it was. He put me on hold and then said he had activated it. I asked him to confirm to me that it was free for 6 months and he said that it was.

Then I checked my Spotify subscription status which said 'You are registered for Spotify Premium until 2011-11-22. After this period your account will become a Spotify Free account unless you choose to renew your subscription'.

Then I went back to My Apps which still said I need to call a number to recontract.

Do you think that the guy in India was fobbing me off?

fixerman
05-11-2011, 15:33
I contacted CS who told me the password for my account was incorrect even though it's the same one I have been using since the NTL days (which was reset after some security questions) and was told to downgrade my premium account and register through 'My Apps'. So I tried this and couldn't do it as it said I had to recontract which is contary to what the woman in CS told me. She said there was no need to recontract as I'm on 100mb.

An hour later,I called again and this time I goy through to India and the chap had never heard of Spotify and asked me to explain what it was. He put me on hold and then said he had activated it. I asked him to confirm to me that it was free for 6 months and he said that it was.

Then I checked my Spotify subscription status which said 'You are registered for Spotify Premium until 2011-11-22. After this period your account will become a Spotify Free account unless you choose to renew your subscription'.

Then I went back to My Apps which still said I need to call a number to recontract.

If you go to your Spotify account (top right corner) and check your "subscription status" it should show that your account is associated with Virgin Media.

On the bottom left hand side of your Spotify screen you will see an embossed Virgin Media logo.

Tricky Trevor
05-11-2011, 16:03
If you go to your Spotify account (top right corner) and check your "subscription status" it should show that your account is associated with Virgin Media.

On the bottom left hand side of your Spotify screen you will see an embossed Virgin Media logo.

It says I am still on Premium (untill 22 November) but there is no mention anywhere of Virgin Media.

It looks like the guy in India lied to me to cover the fact that he had never heard of Spotify :mad:

Nopanic
05-11-2011, 19:52
If you log into the Spotify client linked to a VM account the client becomes VM branded.

If not, you don't have it and if MY apps is as you describer, you certainly don't have it.

Tricky Trevor
05-11-2011, 19:57
Thats why I'm annoyed to have been told that he had 'activated' it. I'll be giving them another call in the morning. If I get put through to India again I'm gonna go apes***.

Nopanic
05-11-2011, 20:59
I'm sorry its not worked out for some of you, the training was certainly well provided, I can only suggest they are new starters ?

You will see it change there and then in MYVM unless there is a fault. If it helps ask the agent what they have done, I'm not going to give out internal process, but the agent should be able to give you an idea of what's happened and you'll be able to tell from their reply if they have in fact done something.

I can't believe so many of you have had issues with agents like this, I'm genuinely disappointed.

Tricky Trevor
05-11-2011, 21:22
Thanks Nopanic,very much appreciated.

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 13:18
Will we be able re-contract online ?

BenMcr
06-11-2011, 14:34
Will we be able re-contract online ?
If you aren't upgrading, no

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 14:40
If you aren't upgrading, no
I cant be bothered trying to explain what spotify is on the phone.

Milambar
06-11-2011, 14:49
I cant be bothered trying to explain what spotify is on the phone.

Only to be told, once you spent 20 minutes trying to get them to understand, that its only for new customers. Gotta love India.

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 14:55
Only to be told, once you spent 20 minutes trying to get them to understand,that its only for new customers. Gotta love India. That is 100% wrong. I am not going to phone If that's how bad it is. I would rather do it online why can't we ?

Tricky Trevor
06-11-2011, 17:13
If you log into the Spotify client linked to a VM account the client becomes VM branded.

If not, you don't have it and if MY apps is as you describer, you certainly don't have it.

I called up again today and was told that my upgrade went through when I called yesterday. Even though I don't have it on my client or when I check my subscription status via the link in the client,the Oversea's CS are adamant that I have it because he said it is on the system.

BenMcr
06-11-2011, 17:16
You need to complete the association process via My VM before it'll show up in Spotify

Tricky Trevor
06-11-2011, 17:22
Thats why I'm annoyed to have been told that he had 'activated' it. I'll be giving them another call in the morning. If I get put through to India again I'm gonna go apes***.

Called today,Oversea's again,was put on hold......connected to another Oversea's agent who put me on hold.....then promptly dissconnected my call

What a ridiculous service...APPALING! :mad::mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

You need to complete the association process via My VM before it'll show up in Spotify

Tried that Ben,went to 'My Apps' only to find the message 'You will need to re-contract to get the Spotify 6 Month offer, call 0845 650 4545 to find out'

" different Oversea's agents have told me I have it.

Peter_
06-11-2011, 17:47
Called today,Oversea's again,was put on hold......connected to another Oversea's agent who put me on hold.....then promptly dissconnected my call

What a ridiculous service...APPALING! :mad::mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Tried that Ben,went to 'My Apps' only to find the message 'You will need to re-contract to get the Spotify 6 Month offer, call 0845 650 4545 to find out'

You will just waste your time and get frustrated calling in on a Sunday due to the fact you are more likely to get an offshore agent than a UK based agent, but supposedly you guys love them and are always praising them to a higher extent than any UK centre.

Now if you want service and an agent who knows his job you should try calling as soon after 8am Monday to Saturday.

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 18:38

It don't even get that.

I get "Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months" :confused:

Nopanic
06-11-2011, 21:33
It don't even get that.

I get "Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months" :confused:

Yeah, if you have less than 30Mb you need to upgrade, if you have 30/50/100 you need to re-contract.

Which at the moment isn't an option online.

Tricky Trevor it makes me cringe reading your posts mate. Give customer relations a call, (thinking of leaving) and explain to them the issues you've been having, they can check your account and if there is a fault get it sorted. To be honest though, I'm thinking nothing has been done.

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 21:51
Yeah, if you have less than 30Mb you need to upgrade, if you have 30/50/100 you need to re-contract.

Which at the moment isn't an option online.

Tricky Trevor it makes me cringe reading your posts mate. Give customer relations a call, (thinking of leaving) and explain to them the issues you've been having, they can check your account and if there is a fault get it sorted. To be honest though, I'm thinking nothing has been done.
I have had 30mb broadband for 5 months :confused:

Peter_
06-11-2011, 21:54
It has to be manually added to your account by Customer Services at present as the link in MyVirginmedia does not work, call tomorrow after 8am and they should be able to sort it for you.

I had to get this done last week for a customer who called in after getting advice from our 2nd line.

Nopanic
06-11-2011, 21:55

Then yours would be a very interesting account to look into ..

New product is likely to have teething issues I guess.. I would like to understand what's happening to you.

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 21:55
It has to be manually added to your account by Customer Services at present as the link in MyVirginmedia does not work, call tomorrow after 8am and they should be able to sort it for you.

I had to get this done last week for a customer who called in after getting advice from our 2nd line.

So why does it say on "My Apps on My Virgin Media. "Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months"

Why does it say upgrade then ? when i already have 30Mb. should it not say "You will need to re-contract to get the Spotify 6 Month offer, call 0845 650 4545 to find out"

Nopanic
06-11-2011, 21:56

He's getting the wrong error message for his tier .. And there is no link in myvm it was designed to be call in activate.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

So why does it say on "My Apps on My Virgin Media. "Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months" Why does it say upgrade then ?

It's a fault ..

Peter_
06-11-2011, 21:58
So why does it say on "My Apps on My Virgin Media. "Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months" Why does it say upgrade then ?
Because the appears to be an issue at present and the advice given was to call Customer services who added the code making the customers account go live and the link was able to be clicked as Nopanic expects it to happen.

No idea why but once I followed the advice I had a happy customer.

What is this button for in my apps then

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/11/53.png

(https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/spotify) (https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/spotify)

Nopanic
06-11-2011, 22:02
The registration link is only present when the code is added following a phone call.

I don't know why you are seeing that error, adding the code will likely resolve it but I'd like to understand why it's happening ...

Peter_
06-11-2011, 22:04
The registration link is only present when the code is added following a phone call.

I don't know why you are seeing that error, adding the code will likely resolve it but I'd like to understand why it's happening ...
I know what you mean now just read a post by Ben on the community forum, call in as above code added link goes live job done.

Nopanic
06-11-2011, 22:06
I'll look into the tier miss match.

Milambar
06-11-2011, 22:08
Mine also says I need to upgrade, and not "call in", and I've been on 30 mbit since its release.

To be honest, I really think this entire project needs to go back to the drawing board. You have:

India giving out once set of information and not even knowing what Spotify is to begin with.
MyVirginMedia telling established customers already on 30 mbit that they need to upgrade which suggests the deal is for 50mbit and upwards, when staff here say its for 30mbit and upwards.

In short, left hand-right hand-indian hand syndrome.

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 22:09
Just to tell you all. That it was not me that posted on the community forums.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/General-broadband-questions/Free-spotify-premium-unable-to-access/m-p/834071#M24134

Nopanic
06-11-2011, 22:11
Ok .. I've not been reviewing the service since putting it live, but based on Bens post the project team know about this. Ill find out and let you know, but just call up if you want it.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/General-broadband-questions/Free-spotify-premium-unable-to-access/m-p/834071#M24134

That looks like Ben has not understood the issue.

Peter_
06-11-2011, 22:11
The are many other similar posts on there anyway.:D

BenMcr
06-11-2011, 22:14
That looks like Ben has not understood the issue.As far as some of the posts are indicating, people with compatible tiers are trying to get the offer just by signing into My Virgin Media rather than

1) Calling Customer Services and getting the offer code added which recontracts them

2) Going to My VM and associating (or activating) their Spotify account to the offer

That's why I'm telling people they need to phone in

If they are then having issues once the offer code is on the account, then that is a seperate issue - as is whether understandable messaging is displayed if you have the right tier but not the offer code

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 22:15
Mine also says I need to upgrade, and not "call in", and I've been on 30 mbit since its release.

To be honest, I really think this entire project needs to go back to the drawing board. You have:

India giving out once set of information and not even knowing what Spotify is to begin with.
MyVirginMedia telling established customers already on 30 mbit that they need to upgrade which suggests the deal is for 50mbit and upwards, when staff here say its for 30mbit and upwards.

In short, left hand-right hand-indian hand syndrome.

:clap::clap::clap:

Peter_
06-11-2011, 22:18
As far as some of the posts are indicating, people with compatible tiers are trying to get the offer just by signing into My Virgin Media rather than

1) Calling Customer Services and getting the offer code added which recontracts them

2) Going to My VM and associating (or activating) their Spotify account to the offer

If they are then having issues once the offer code is on the account, then that is a seperate issue - as is whether understandable messaging is displayed if you have the right tier but not the offer code
Which is correct according to everything we have been told on here and the community forum and by 2nd line.

BenMcr
06-11-2011, 22:18
MyVirginMedia telling established customers already on 30 mbit that they need to upgrade which suggests the deal is for 50mbit and upwards, when staff here say its for 30mbit and upwards.The My VM message does say:

Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months.

Milambar
06-11-2011, 22:22
Yes, thats exactly what it says. The key word being upgrade. It suggests, to my mind, that if you are already on 30mbit, then you need to upgrade to a higher tier in order to qualify.

This is reinforced by it not saying that we also qualify if we recontract. There is nothing to suggest that we would qualify if we re-contract.

Given that, if I wasn't a member of these forums, then I'd be operating under the assumption that I didn't qualify because I wasn't upgrading.

This is contary to information given out here, that the message tells us to call up, if we qualify.

HD Boy
06-11-2011, 22:22
The My VM message does say:

Upgrade to up to 30Mb or faster and get free Spotify Premium for 6 months.
So why does it say that when both of us already have 30MB broaband ?
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4630/overview1320618047060.png

BenMcr
06-11-2011, 22:23
So why does it say that when both of us already have 30MB broaband.At a guess it's currently saying it for everyone that doesn't have the Spotify offer code on their account

Nopanic
06-11-2011, 22:26
At a guess it's currently saying it for everyone that doesn't have the Spotify offer code on their account

No, it says re-contract and should do for people with 30/50/100.

Milambar
06-11-2011, 22:35
No, it doesnt mention anything about recontracting.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/MilambarAP/mvm.jpg

It only mentions upgrading. Don't misunderstand me, I know you guys posting here will be correct, but its not the same information the website or India are giving out.

Firmsky
06-11-2011, 23:42
I get the same as these guys and I've been on 50meg for years!

Helix
07-11-2011, 00:10
The online ordering for Virgin Media doesn't seem to be linked directly to a customers account - it has to be processed by a human. So what is so difficult for them to create a form that allows customers to re-contract online, then someone that knows what Spotify and how to apply it to an account can sit and work through them all.

That would be much better customer service than making you phone the indian call centre, who then make you go round in circles whilst they work out what Spotify is. They announced the Spotify deal months ago so they really should have had all this in place ready for going live.

Nopanic
07-11-2011, 07:27
The online ordering for Virgin Media doesn't seem to be linked directly to a customers account - it has to be processed by a human. So what is so difficult for them to create a form that allows customers to re-contract online, then someone that knows what Spotify and how to apply it to an account can sit and work through them all.

That would be much better customer service than making you phone the indian call centre, who then make you go round in circles whilst they work out what Spotify is. They announced the Spotify deal months ago so they really should have had all this in place ready for going live.

lol, everything was and is in live as per the requires of the plan.

There are reasons behind the process and updates to come.

The training I can not explain as it was done and thoroughly. I apologise for the poor service, not on VM's behalf as I don't represent them, but as a colleague of the guys not understanding how things work.

The call should be quick and painless, the message I need to understand further but I have 100Mb and it says I need to re-contract, as it should.

denphone
07-11-2011, 09:11
As far as some of the posts are indicating, people with compatible tiers are trying to get the offer just by signing into My Virgin Media rather than

Well l will be calling Virgin later this week to get the offer code and hopefully things will run smoothly after that but if not l will ask for more advice if needed from you or Masque.

Peter_
07-11-2011, 10:03
Well l will be calling Virgin later this week to get the offer code and hopefully things will run smoothly after that but if not l will ask for more advice if needed from you or Masque.
They will add the code to your account and it will work, job done.

gadge
07-11-2011, 12:19
With all this 6 months free for broadband customers does ben or anyone else know if there will be any offers for like myself i pay spotify premium we have tivo but sky broadband instead but im not to fussed either way.

Nopanic
07-11-2011, 12:23
With all this 6 months free for broadband customers does ben or anyone else know if there will be any offers for like myself i pay spotify premium we have tivo but sky broadband instead but im not to fussed either way.

Anything not officially announced by VM would be a problem if we talked about it.

Nothing secret, but we have to be careful.

sorry

BenMcr
07-11-2011, 12:24
Nothing for non-BB or Virgin Mobile customers at the moment.

gadge
07-11-2011, 12:24
Anything not officially announced by VM would be a problem if we talked about it.

Nothing secret, but we have to be careful.

sorry
:tu:

buckleb
07-11-2011, 13:47
Me: "Good afternoon, I'd like to take up the Spotify offer please".
CS: "OK sir, if I understand you correctly you want to add the sports channels"?"
Me: "Erm, no, I want to add the Spotify offer to my account. Spotify as in the music application".
CS: "OK, can I put you on hold please I need to talk to my supervisor?" <puts me on hold before I can reply>
CS: "OK sir, to get the music channels you need to upgrade to TV XL which is xyz a month with 3 months at half price".
Me: "No, I don't want the music channels, I just want the Spotify offer please, the one that is free for 6 months".
CS: "Can I put you on hold please" <puts me on hold before I can answer>
CS: "Hello sir, I'm sorry for putting you on hold for so long, is this the 'Spotify MF 6 months'?"
Me: "Erm, it sounds like it... but it's your code is it not?"
CS: "Excuse me while I put you on hold sir I need to talk to my supervisor".
CS: "I'm sorry for putting you on hold sir, OK, I have applied the code and you should be live in one hour. I am sorry for keeping you on hold for so long".
Me: "Thank you for your help".

So, around 10 minutes for us both to agree what I wanted and then less than a minute later the 'Upgrade to 30Mb notice has changed to 'You're all set - Register with Spotify now to enjoy unlimited music'. I also have a clickable Register link in the pop up box.

Phew, pretty hard going, but got there in the end. The Indian lady was very polite, but obviously had no idea what I was talking about until her supervisor pointed her in the right direction.

:D

Oh, so near and yet so far!

Clicking on the 'Register' link gives me.....<drumroll>
http://www.deebar.org/pics/VM500.jpg

Stephen
07-11-2011, 13:53
Nothing for non-BB or Virgin Mobile customers at the moment.

Sorry Ben but there are mobile offers at the moment for new customers taking certain handsets.

Nopanic
07-11-2011, 14:06
Buckleb you have pm.

BenMcr
07-11-2011, 14:10
Sorry Ben but there are mobile offers at the moment for new customers taking certain handsets.I meant you had to have broadband or be recontracting on Mobile but obviously made it clear as mud ;)

Stephen
07-11-2011, 14:19
I meant you had to have broadband or be recontracting on Mobile but obviously made it clear as mud ;)

I'm gutted I missed out as took a new mobile contract out a week or so before the offer started :(

BenMcr
07-11-2011, 14:29
I'm gutted I missed out as took a new mobile contract out a week or so before the offer started :(
Same here.

Firmsky
07-11-2011, 14:31
Ignore this post Ben has answered my query in the VIP thread, many thanks Ben!

buckleb
07-11-2011, 15:52
Buckleb you have pm.

... and we're in!

http://www.deebar.org/pics/yay.jpg

Thanks for your help NoPanic.

Nopanic
07-11-2011, 17:34
Glad it works ..

buckleb
08-11-2011, 18:23
It works great :)

On a related note, I got an email today from VM (Your free Spotify Premium is waiting - register now!), which contained the steps required to get up and running with Spotify.

Zanny
10-11-2011, 18:37
just so im clear despite only upgrading to 50mb recently can i only take advantage of the free spotify if i now upgrade to 100mb ???

Nopanic
10-11-2011, 18:42
just so im clear despite only upgrading to 50mb recently can i only take advantage of the free spotify if i now upgrade to 100mb ???

Yes, or if you just re-contract for 12 months .. as I understand it there is nothing in the T&C's to say how long you've been with VM .. although it's worth checking.

fixerman
10-11-2011, 18:47

I upgraded to 30mb a year ago and I have just added Spotify free for 6 months without any problem.:)

Zanny
10-11-2011, 18:49
k so i just got to phone ask to take advantage of offer and all that will happen is new 12 month contract as already on 50?

Nopanic
10-11-2011, 20:32
That's the idea.

tehazza
16-11-2011, 21:49
Hi vm guys dont suppose that you could help me BenMcr or anyone else? I upgraded to 30mbit the other day over the phone, thinking that all the spotify stuff would sort itself out. turns out it hasnt. Any chance of getting it sorted either putting the ability to activate online or something similar? thanks

BenMcr
16-11-2011, 21:52
You'll need to phone back in to sort it

Nopanic
17-11-2011, 07:56
Hi vm guys dont suppose that you could help me BenMcr or anyone else? I upgraded to 30mbit the other day over the phone, thinking that all the spotify stuff would sort itself out. turns out it hasnt. Any chance of getting it sorted either putting the ability to activate online or something similar? thanks

You'll need to phone back in to sort it

If you can't see it, as above its not been done right.

fixerman
17-11-2011, 08:04

Did you specifically ask the VM agent to set up your Spotify? Just upgrading your Broadband alone does not automatically include Spotify!:confused:

tehazza
17-11-2011, 10:16
It does if you sign up over the internet, seems like they are relying on the phone people to do it when it could just as easily be made that any new customer/contract involving XL30, XXL, and BB100 automatically enabled the spotify code.

Ill just phone up and get them to sort it out! Dreading it but I will.

BenJSmyth
17-11-2011, 11:49
We upgraded to the 100mb around a week ago and it wasn't done automatically. A quick call to 150 and it was sorted. As long as you have upgraded or recontract then they will add it for you it seems. It's an awesome service, I love it!

I just wonder what deals there will be in 6 months time. Hopefully VM have something planned so that the influx of Spotify new subscribers will be met with an offer come May time.

Nopanic
17-11-2011, 17:33
It wont work online, as said a number of times and personally I think it's great.

Nothing to rely on VM for either, once setup.

windy
19-11-2011, 22:23
I upgraded to 30mb a year ago and I have just added Spotify free for 6 months without any problem.:)

I also did the same with the same out come nice.:)

Tricky Trevor
23-11-2011, 19:41

I got Spotify at long last but not without more frustration. I phoned CS last night and recontracted but when I went on to My Virgin Media>My Apps it stated that I still did not have it linked with my account so I rang them back and they could not understand what was happening and that a tech guy would ring me tonight.

Well,I could not sign in to My Virgin Media at all before I went to work but when I got home this afternoon I was able to this time. I registered,redownloaded the client and it is fine now.

Fingers crossed that I don't have any problems with the Spotify app on Tivo next Tuesday eh? ;)

maxlo
23-11-2011, 21:46
I got Spotify at long last but not without more frustration. I phoned CS last night and recontracted but when I went on to My Virgin Media>My Apps it stated that I still did not have it linked with my account so I rang them back and they could not understand what was happening and that a tech guy would ring me tonight.

Well,I could not sign in to My Virgin Media at all before I went to work but when I got home this afternoon I was able to this time. I registered,redownloaded the client and it is fine now.

Fingers crossed that I don't have any problems with the Spotify app on Tivo next Tuesday eh? ;)

I upgraded 2 weeks ago to get Spotify free. The 'MyApps' Spotify icon stills says I have to recontract so I can't register yet. When I queried it with CS they said it needed a software fix and it could take up to 7 days. Is this the problem you had and do you know how they resolved it? I am being patient for them to do something but I have no trust in them.

buckleb
23-11-2011, 22:06
I upgraded 2 weeks ago to get Spotify free. The 'MyApps' Spotify icon stills says I have to recontract so I can't register yet. When I queried it with CS they said it needed a software fix and it could take up to 7 days. Is this the problem you had and do you know how they resolved it? I am being patient for them to do something but I have no trust in them.

The sign up process does seem to be problematic, not helped by the fact the Indian call centre don't seem to know what Spotify is, but it does sound as if you've been fobbed off.

I'd ring back, and keep ringing back, until you get someone who knows what they are doing.

My own signup had an issue, thankfully sorted by Nopanic, an inhabitant of these boards.

Tricky Trevor
24-11-2011, 04:45

That's the problem I had after being fobbed off by India. As buckleb said,keep ringing back until you get someone in England that knows what they are doing, thats what I did. Also check 'My Profile' on 'My Virgin Media',scroll to the bottom of the page and that will tell you if you are linked to Spotify or not.

When it's sorted,you will be able to register and you will see the download button. Once installed,you will see a Virgin Media logo on the bottom left hand side of the Spotify client.

Good Luck!

knack
25-11-2011, 05:23
I'm a bit confused about this. I recontracted and received 6 months free premium at the end of August but myvirginmedia still says I need to upgrade. Spotify premium is working fine for me so why hasn't it been updated on myvirginmedia? Thanks

Nopanic
25-11-2011, 06:39
I'm a bit confused about this. I recontracted and received 6 months free premium at the end of August but myvirginmedia still says I need to upgrade. Spotify premium is working fine for me so why hasn't it been updated on myvirginmedia? Thanks

Did you register through the MYVM site ? if not, you sure you're not paying for it ?

knack
25-11-2011, 06:57
Should have said that http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing-customers/spotify2.html is the offer I signed up for. More info at http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33680258-spotify-offer.html.

Did you register through the MYVM site ? if not, you sure you're not paying for it ?

No I didn't have to register through MYVM, I was emailed a code to redeem on the Spotify website. My account shows a premium subscription until next March so definitely not paying for it.

Nopanic
25-11-2011, 07:44
ok, thats a different offer, I don't see why you couldn't get another 6 months once this one has ended.

The one you had, was kinda like a trial, this one has been incorporated with VM systems.

knack
25-11-2011, 07:55
ok, thats a different offer, I don't see why you couldn't get another 6 months once this one has ended.

The one you had, was kinda like a trial, this one has been incorporated with VM systems.

Thanks for info. What extra benefits is there with it being incorporated with the VM systems?

BenMcr
25-11-2011, 10:01
Thanks for info. What extra benefits is there with it being incorporated with the VM systems?There are some Virgin Media specific bits in Spotify when you sign in, show at the bottom of this page www.virginmedia.com/spotify (http://www.virginmedia.com/spotify)

Also it's probable if/when it becomes a paid subsription service it'll be billed on your Virgin bill rather through Spotify themselves

knack
25-11-2011, 10:22
There are some Virgin Media specific bits in Spotify when you sign in, show at the bottom of this page www.virginmedia.com/spotify (http://www.virginmedia.com/spotify)

Also it's probable if/when it becomes a paid subsription service it'll be billed on your Virgin bill rather through Spotify themselves

Cheers all makes sense now.

One last thing will I be able to use Spotify with TiVo as it is? Or does the sub have to go through you guys?

BenMcr
25-11-2011, 10:25
One last thing will I be able to use Spotify with TiVo as it is? Or does the sub have to go through you guys?Anyone with a Premium account will be able to use Spotify on TiVo - doesn't have to be a specific VM one

knack
25-11-2011, 11:42
Anyone with a Premium account will be able to use Spotify on TiVo - doesn't have to be a specific VM one

Great :)

passingbat
25-11-2011, 13:50
Are there going to be new offers when Spotify launches on Tivo, or are all the offers tied to BB and Mobile? I have a feeling I've seen reference to further offers somewhere, and wonder if they will be in conjunction with the Tivo launch?

BenMcr
25-11-2011, 14:31
There won't be any more offers this year for Spotify as far as I'm aware. More are likely to come towards the end of this current offer i.e. as the six months come close to expiring

gadge
25-11-2011, 14:36
Are there going to be new offers when Spotify launches on Tivo, or are all the offers tied to BB and Mobile? I have a feeling I've seen reference to further offers somewhere, and wonder if they will be in conjunction with the Tivo launch?

I would like to know this as well when it lauches on tivo.

passingbat
25-11-2011, 14:59
There won't be any more offers this year for Spotify as far as I'm aware. More are likely to come towards the end of this current offer i.e. as the six months come close to expiring

I'm still on 20meg, as I don't want to swap my modem/router combo because it's very reliable, which I'd have to do if I went to 30meg.

Can I still get the offer if extend my contract for another 12 months?

BenMcr
25-11-2011, 15:06
Nope sorry, the offer is on 30, 50 and 100Mbit only as part of the reason for the offer is to persuade people to upgrade ;)

However it's likely that when it becomes a paid offer (whatever shape that takes) it would be open to all broadband customers at that point

passingbat
25-11-2011, 15:43
Nope sorry, the offer is on 30, 50 and 100Mbit only as part of the reason for the offer is to persuade people to upgrade ;)

However it's likely that when it becomes a paid offer (whatever shape that takes) it would be open to all broadband customers at that point

So does that mean that unless you have at least 30m BB, you can't have Spotify on Tivo via VM? But if you had a Spotify account via Spotify, you could access it via Tivo?

BenMcr
25-11-2011, 15:45
Correct

passingbat
25-11-2011, 16:04
Correct

Thanks Ben.

It seems to me that VM are missing an opportunity here, not offering any incentives with the Tivo launch of Spotify.

They may have tempted me away from Napster, which for my usage, is way cheaper than Spotify.

BenMcr
25-11-2011, 16:07
The issue is that you won't be able to sign up to Spotify via TiVo, it has to be via a website

So by going for it as a broadband offer, you pretty much guarantee everyone can get it. Do it as a TiVo offer and there may be problems/complaints for those that don't have broadband, have broadband from someone else but don't have email, or some other barrier

Also as it's current offer it's only offered on the current broadband tiers - and offering it on 10Mbit probably wouldn't be a good idea due to the amout of traffic that it can use

passingbat
25-11-2011, 16:21
The issue is that you won't be able to sign up to Spotify via TiVo, it has to be via a website

So by going for it as a broadband offer, you pretty much guarantee everyone can get it. Do it as a TiVo offer and there may be problems/complaints for those that don't have broadband, have broadband from someone else but don't have email, or some other barrier

Also as it's current offer it's only offered on the current broadband tiers - and offering it on 10Mbit probably wouldn't be a good idea due to the amout of traffic that it can use

So, the Spotify app on Tivo won't stream through the 10meg built in modem then?

Don't the other apps on Tivo stream via this method?

Tricky Trevor
25-11-2011, 16:25
I'm looking forward to seeing what the UI will look like on Tivo. I have Spotify on my TV via my WD Live Hub media player. Here is a video I found of a guy in Austria demonstrating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=456-IqGFCTc

BenMcr
25-11-2011, 16:28
So, the Spotify app on Tivo won't stream through the 10meg built in modem then?

Don't the other apps on Tivo stream via this method?Where did I say it wouldn't do that?

I'm saying you can't physically set up an account with it - just as you can't on the Twitter app

denphone
25-11-2011, 16:28
I'm looking forward to seeing what the UI will look like on Tivo. I have Spotify on my TV via my WD Live Hub media player. Here is a video I found of a guy in Austria demonstrating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=456-IqGFCTc

Looks quite good.

passingbat
25-11-2011, 16:43
Where did I say it wouldn't do that?

I inferred it based on the fact you said peoples' BB provider/lack of could make a difference. If it's going via Tivo's internal modem on the tivo app, that's not a conideration.

BenMcr
25-11-2011, 16:45
No I meant it would be an issue for the signup/association process

If you advertised it and/or tied it in as a TiVo offer, a VM customer who just had TiVo with no broadband service wouldn't be able to get it, so it would either be false advertising and/or still require broadband.

So making it a broadband offer guarantees the most chance of everything being in place for take up - and also leaves it open to customers who don't yet have TiVo

That's not to say Virgin won't promote Spotify on TiVo, but I reckon it'll be for bundles with broadband

Helix
02-12-2011, 12:44
I got Virgin installed in my new flat today, I have the 30mb broadband I have have the option to register in My Virgin Media. I was already a premium subscriber so I went into my account and cancelled the subscription like it tells me to.

However when I go to register though My Virgin Media it says I am already a premium subscriber and won't let me do it. My Premium account expires on 24th Dec, do I need to wait until then to do it? I was thinking it would let me do it now and then extend it for 6 months past the 24th Dec.

fixerman
02-12-2011, 14:33
If you can use the VM Spotify app you must already be registered and on your first six months free. If you have already cancelled your old premium subscription than you should not be charged further until your six months are up and you will be given the option of a free or premium subscription.

Nopanic
02-12-2011, 16:51
I got Virgin installed in my new flat today, I have the 30mb broadband I have have the option to register in My Virgin Media. I was already a premium subscriber so I went into my account and cancelled the subscription like it tells me to.

However when I go to register though My Virgin Media it says I am already a premium subscriber and won't let me do it. My Premium account expires on 24th Dec, do I need to wait until then to do it? I was thinking it would let me do it now and then extend it for 6 months past the 24th Dec.

You need to wait for it to expire.

Helix
02-12-2011, 19:20
You need to wait for it to expire.

Great thanks, shame they don't tell you that on the help pages.

Nopanic
02-12-2011, 19:37
It does .. it tells you how to downgrade ..

If you follows these steps it leads you to a page that step by step shows you how to drop down to Spotify free.

Helix
02-12-2011, 19:43
It does .. it tells you how to downgrade ..

If you follows these steps it leads you to a page that step by step shows you how to drop down to Spotify free.

Yep I followed them, but then it says return to this page to finish linking the account and I can't because although I have cancelled my subscription, I'm still premium until 24th Dec as that is when I have already paid until.

It doesn't say you have to wait until it drops down to free, it just says to cancell the subscription.

Nopanic
02-12-2011, 19:48
Yep I followed them, but then it says return to this page to finish linking the account and I can't because although I have cancelled my subscription, I'm still premium until 24th Dec as that is when I have already paid until.

It doesn't say you have to wait until it drops down to free, it just says to cancell the subscription.

It does, at the bottom ..

"Once your Spotify account has been downgraded"

Helix
02-12-2011, 19:52
It does, at the bottom ..

"Once your Spotify account has been downgraded"

Yes I guess you are right, I did see that but its not entirely clear. It would be better to say once your current subscription has expired. It might just be me though.

Thanks for you help though, least I now know not to keep trying until the 24th.

Nopanic
02-12-2011, 20:41
Yes I guess you are right, I did see that but its not entirely clear. It would be better to say once your current subscription has expired. It might just be me though.

Thanks for you help though, least I now know not to keep trying until the 24th.

:group:

Zanny
03-12-2011, 11:38
Ok well i tried to get spotify added to my account....

Phoned this morning spoke to a nice lady explained i would like to take advantage of spotify offer and im on 50meg bb already.

She spoke to her supervisor and........

I upgraded to 50meg in August so cant get spotify until either my contract expires or i upgrade to 100 meg, which im not doing.

I explained id read as long as i was willing to have a new contract i could get spotify.

Was I just unlucky and the saturday supervisor is new and doesnt know these things?

Or have past replies ive received here wrong and infact the situation is indeefd what the lovely lady i spoke to this morning said?

Nopanic
03-12-2011, 11:46
The message says please re-contract to get the offer .. so as far as I am aware, that's all you need to do.

They just add the billing code and it puts you back to 12 months on your contract. There is no mention of having to be a certain length into the contract that I've ever seen.

I'd call up again and speak to customer relations .. (thinking of leaving) they might be able to at least explain things better.

fixerman
03-12-2011, 12:58
Ok well i tried to get spotify added to my account....

Phoned this morning spoke to a nice lady explained i would like to take advantage of spotify offer and im on 50meg bb already.

She spoke to her supervisor and........

I upgraded to 50meg in August so cant get spotify until either my contract expires or i upgrade to 100 meg, which im not doing.

I explained id read as long as i was willing to have a new contract i could get spotify.

Was I just unlucky and the saturday supervisor is new and doesnt know these things?

Or have past replies ive received here wrong and infact the situation is indeefd what the lovely lady i spoke to this morning said?

That is a load of old nonsense! I had no such problem. Call again and insist on speaking to someone who knows what they are doing!:rolleyes:

Digital Fanatic
03-12-2011, 13:05
exactly, just need to re-contract for 12 months to get the offer. :)

Zanny
03-12-2011, 13:21
exactly, just need to re-contract for 12 months to get the offer. :)

Which indeed I did offer to do, lol. Do I phone again now or wait till Monday for the hope of getting another supervisor? hmmm decisions decisions.....

edit: CHECKED community site and ray_m states "The Spotify offer is available to existing customers on 30, 50 and 100Mbps services but you have to renew your contract. Please contact Customer Services as a service code must be added to your account before you can activate the service via My Virgin Media." I wonder if quoting their own forum will help.

Digital Fanatic
03-12-2011, 13:27
Which indeed I did offer to do, lol. Do I phone again now or wait till Monday for the hope of getting another supervisor? hmmm decisions decisions.....

Sorry you are getting the run around mate. Try again, hopefully the next agent will know about the offer :)

Zanny
03-12-2011, 13:46
Sweet lovely lady no.2 knew what I was talking about and now im just awaiting an email apparently :) Thx all for helping me persevere.

Digital Fanatic
03-12-2011, 14:18
Sweet lovely lady no.2 knew what I was talking about and now im just awaiting an email apparently :) Thx all for helping me persevere.

Nice one :)

Nopanic
03-12-2011, 19:03
Excellent .. an email .. must have been passed over to a different team ..

Tricky Trevor
04-12-2011, 07:21
I spoke to 7 or 8 people over a period of 2 weeks before I finally managed to get Spotify when really it should have been done in one fowl swoop.

Re-contract-upgrade via 'My Virgin Media'-download the Virgin Media branded client-Job done.

Good luck Zanny

nashmills
04-12-2011, 07:33
I had XL broadband installed yesterday so I assume I will be entitled to 6 months free Spotify. I currently have a Premium subscription which is paid for until 22 January. Can I wait until 23rd January and claim my 6 months free then or is there a chance this offer will expire in the meantime?

Nopanic
04-12-2011, 07:57
I had XL broadband installed yesterday so I assume I will be entitled to 6 months free Spotify. I currently have a Premium subscription which is paid for until 22 January. Can I wait until 23rd January and claim my 6 months free then or is there a chance this offer will expire in the meantime?

You'll just have to re contract in Jan, its not an automated offer, even for new customers.

nashmills
04-12-2011, 09:56
You'll just have to re contract in Jan, its not an automated offer, even for new customers.

Thank you. I'll do that then.

v0id
18-12-2011, 22:57
Before recontracting to get this deal, those who haven't tried Spotify Premium yet may want to take advantage of a 30 day free trial (https://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/go/freetrial30/) (usually 7 day) first ;)

Milambar
19-12-2011, 06:46
Before recontracting to get this deal, those who haven't tried Spotify Premium yet may want to take advantage of a 30 day free trial (https://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/go/freetrial30/) (usually 7 day) first ;)

Doesn't seem like a free trial when page two of the signup asks you to enter your credit card or paypal details. Pity, I was looking forwards to actually giving it a try, but I really don't trust them not to bill my card.

Had bad experience with those kind of "free trials" in the past. The kind that say its free, but want your card details and say that if you cancel before the end of the trial, they won't bill you anything, and then they go and bill you anyway. Since my card is a debit card, its not protected by the same unauthorized transaction rules credit cards are either.

BenMcr
19-12-2011, 10:01
Doesn't seem like a free trial when page two of the signup asks you to enter your credit card or paypal details. Pity, I was looking forwards to actually giving it a try, but I really don't trust them not to bill my card.

Had bad experience with those kind of "free trials" in the past. The kind that say its free, but want your card details and say that if you cancel before the end of the trial, they won't bill you anything, and then they go and bill you anyway. Since my card is a debit card, its not protected by the same unauthorized transaction rules credit cards are either.
Well you'll be glad to know if you go for the Virgin offer it's specifically non-continuing unless you say so i.e. after six months if you don't do anything you'll end up back on a Free account

v0id
19-12-2011, 15:02

Takes about two clicks to a. cancel subscription and b. remove payment method, straight after the signup screen :confused:

Daveoc64
12-01-2012, 01:07
I upgraded from 30 to 50mbps on the 21st December, and the Spotify App was showing in "My Virgin Media" (and it was listed on the contract), but it wouldn't let me add it because my existing Spotify Premium subscription was still running.

My Spotify Premium subscription has now run out (January 11th), but when I sign in to My Virgin Media it wont let me access the registration pages anymore.

What should I do to fix this?

BenMcr
12-01-2012, 10:00
Probably talk to Tech Support as there is no reason why it shouldn't still be on there as a far as I'm aware

prusling
14-01-2012, 09:58
I'm trying to add the Spotify offer to an existing 50meg account by re-contracting for a further 12 months but India say it's only possible if I upgrade.

I see many other people have had the same problem and the advice is to keep calling until you get someone in the UK.

However, that was a month or two ago and you would have thought they would have sorted this by now.

I really don't have the patience to keep calling until I happen to get someone in the UK.

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this? Thanks

Nopanic
14-01-2012, 18:21
I'm trying to add the Spotify offer to an existing 50meg account by re-contracting for a further 12 months but India say it's only possible if I upgrade.

I see many other people have had the same problem and the advice is to keep calling until you get someone in the UK.

However, that was a month or two ago and you would have thought they would have sorted this by now.

I really don't have the patience to keep calling until I happen to get someone in the UK.

Sorry, with the DPA restrictions you need to get through to them.

prusling
14-01-2012, 21:25
What is the best number to call that will reach someone who knows about this offer?

Sirius
31-01-2012, 20:40
Well my lad renewed his mobile last week, Took out a new contract was explicitly told he would have the spotify offer, However now they say he was never offered it and cannot have it, Email to complaints about to be sent with a copy to Neil berkett. :mad:

qasdfdsaq
31-01-2012, 22:11
Welcome to Virgin Media.

Nopanic
31-01-2012, 22:17
Well my lad renewed his mobile last week, Took out a new contract was explicitly told he would have the spotify offer, However now they say he was never offered it and cannot have it, Email to complaints about to be sent with a copy to Neil berkett. :mad:

Dunno how the mobile side works .. Sorry

qasdfdsaq
01-02-2012, 00:17
Same as fixed line by the sounds of things. They'll make up offers to rope you in and then claim they didn't, deny they ever existed and call you a liar until you provide hard-copy evidence they cannot refute.

Nopanic
01-02-2012, 07:17
Same as fixed line by the sounds of things. They'll make up offers to rope you in and then claim they didn't, deny they ever existed and call you a liar until you provide hard-copy evidence they cannot refute.

I'll make sure I add this to the next job role, it takes us ages to teach agents to beblike this.

starfish
02-03-2012, 12:41

I called yesterday, got through to a nice Scottish lady, but didn't get anywhere with the offer. I also have 50 MB and was willing to re-contract but she said that doesn't count; the only way to get the offer is to upgrade to 100 MB. Which is a bit pointless, as my broadband upgrade is coming between April and July.

BenMcr
02-03-2012, 12:54
the only way to get the offer is to upgrade to 100 MBShe is wrong

starfish
02-03-2012, 18:16
She is wrong

I said to her that - as I understood the offer - I thought I would be eligible for the offer if I took out a new contract (it renewed in December but I don't see myself leaving VM anytime soon). She said that was not the case. Twice, after I'd pressed her on it.

I am planning to call back in a few days' time. I don't particularly care about it but my daughter would like to have it.

hjf288
02-03-2012, 19:00
I upgraded to 100Mbit and didn't get this offer?

Milambar
02-03-2012, 19:15
I upgraded to 100Mbit and didn't get this offer?

Judging by previous posts, its not an automatic offer, you need to actually ask for it.

I have to wonder, I mean, I see lots of people reporting that they are told they need to upgrade, and that just recontracting isn't sufficient. I wonder how they'd go about getting this resolved when the CSR's are so adamant.

Is there a valid escalation path for cases like that?

passingbat
02-03-2012, 19:47
I said to her that - as I understood the offer - I thought I would be eligible for the offer if I took out a new contract (it renewed in December but I don't see myself leaving VM anytime soon). She said that was not the case. Twice, after I'd pressed her on it.

I am planning to call back in a few days' time. I don't particularly care about it but my daughter would like to have it.

I'd call back soon and ask to speak to a manager and get it sorted now. You shouldn't have to go on a forum to find out information that EVERY CS agent should know.

This sort of thing happens far too often with VM's CS people and has needed sorting out for a very long time.

Nopanic
03-03-2012, 10:42
I don't understand why there are still people taking calls that don't know how this works ?

You sure you're calling Virgin media :)

starfish
07-03-2012, 21:59
I'd call back soon and ask to speak to a manager and get it sorted now. You shouldn't have to go on a forum to find out information that EVERY CS agent should know.

This sort of thing happens far too often with VM's CS people and has needed sorting out for a very long time.

Couldn't agree more. Well, I called yesterday morning, got through to Retentions and talked to Andy, who admitted he didn't know exactly how it worked, but he must have done it right because the Spotify option did appear and my daughter was able to sign up with her existing free account. I did sign my soul away for another year but, as I said, that's not a problem. So mission accomplished and it only took 2 tries! :)

Tricky Trevor
25-03-2012, 08:47
I got an email offering 6 months free Spotify. The thing is,I've had this since it first launched and it is due to expire in May.

At first,I thought it was news of a pricing structure for when it runs out. I wonder when Virgin will announce what the price will be?.

cookdn
25-03-2012, 11:09
I got an email offering 6 months free Spotify. The thing is,I've had this since it first launched and it is due to expire in May.

At first,I thought it was news of a pricing structure for when it runs out. I wonder when Virgin will announce what the price will be?.

Looks like the standard price:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-extras/spotify-premium.html

That page also implies that only the higher priced Spotify Premium is available via VM. Spotify also have a lower priced Unlimited service at £5.

http://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/unlimited/

Best regards
David

Helix
25-03-2012, 12:48

I got that too, despite having started the 6 months free in December. VM really need to sort out their email software, they are always making mistakes like this.

Tricky Trevor
25-03-2012, 13:21
Looks like the standard price:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-extras/spotify-premium.html

That page also implies that only the higher priced Spotify Premium is available via VM. Spotify also have a lower priced Unlimited service at £5.

Best regards
David

Thanks David

I have been a Spotify premium subsciber for a few years now and I was hoping that when the free deal ends in May the charge would be £3-£5 for Virgin Media customers. Looks like there would be no advantage if I have to go back to paying £9.99 for Premium. :(:td:

BenMcr
26-03-2012, 09:54
Spotify also have a lower priced Unlimited service at £5.

Best regards
DavidThey do, but that version wouldn't allow the TiVo or Mobile app to work - which is why it's only the Premium version that is offered through VM

starfish
27-03-2012, 09:47
Since I've signed up for the offer (and my daughter had registered her account to take advantage of it) I've had 2 emails reminding me to sign up for Spotify. I was pretty sure only one account is allowed under this offer, so is this just an automatic email from VM or are more than one account allowed? I thought the first email was just a delayed reaction to my signing up but after the second one it made me wonder.

greeninferno
27-03-2012, 21:19
Is the 6 months free being offered to those being given the free speed doubling?

I received an email today after having received the superhub last week saying i had to register to get the 6 months spotify.

alwaysabear
27-03-2012, 21:23
Is the 6 months free being offered to those being given the free speed doubling?

I received an email today after having received the superhub last week saying i had to register to get the 6 months spotify.

I have gone from 20mb to Superhub 60mb and received the same e mail the other day.

starfish
28-03-2012, 18:08
I am on 50 megs and only renewed the contract to get the offer. There wasn't much point in upgrading to 100 megs, as our double-speed upgrades are supposed to be happening between April and July. But yes, if the option to take up the offer is not showing in your online account settings, you need to call them and ask them to enable it.

Sigma
29-03-2012, 16:18

When I ordered a Superhub about 10 days ago so that I could get the speed upgrade from 20 Mbps to 60 Mbps, a new 12 month contract arrived in the post for me to sign. It included the 6 months of Spotify, but I wondered why I had to sign a new 12 month contract so I called VM and asked. I said I would rather not sign a new contract, so they said that was fine, but by not doing that I would no longer get the 6 months of Spotify.

greeninferno
29-03-2012, 16:34
When I ordered a Superhub about 10 days ago so that I could get the speed upgrade from 20 Mbps to 60 Mbps, a new 12 month contract arrived in the post for me to sign. It included the 6 months of Spotify, but I wondered why I had to sign a new 12 month contract so I called VM and asked. I said I would rather not sign a new contract, so they said that was fine, but by not doing that I would no longer get the 6 months of Spotify.

Are/were you on any sort of retention deal?

I never received a new contract, just an e-mail.

Tricky Trevor
06-05-2012, 13:51
Thats a nice suprise,I thought my free Spotify was due to end in May but according to 'My Virgin Media' it is now July 27th. I assume another 2 months were added when I got my new phone on Virgin mobile last November.

andrewstevenson
06-05-2012, 14:00
Is there any link to subscribe to spotify via vm and will it be free or reduced on VIP

Tricky Trevor
06-05-2012, 17:47
Is there any link to subscribe to spotify via vm and will it be free or reduced on VIP

Try this link Andrew https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/virginmedia-and-spotify/

It should be free for 6 months providing that you re contract for 12 months

Nopanic
06-05-2012, 18:44
Thats a nice suprise,I thought my free Spotify was due to end in May but according to 'My Virgin Media' it is now July 27th. I assume another 2 months were added when I got my new phone on Virgin mobile last November.

Not quite, more of a bridge.

andrewstevenson
07-05-2012, 00:06
Sorry I meant at the end of 6 month trial what do I do then to subscribe

Daveoc64
07-05-2012, 14:41

In the desktop Spotify application, click "Help" and then "Your Account".

That should open up the Spotify account website, where you can subscribe (you can't do it until the Virgin Media "free" period has expired).

BenMcr
08-05-2012, 09:55

In the desktop Spotify application, click "Help" and then "Your Account".

That should open up the Spotify account website, where you can subscribe (you can't do it until the Virgin Media "free" period has expired).Virgin should be letting everyone know what to do when the free period ends. As far as I know the plan is an ability to add the cost onto the Virgin Media bill rather than a seperate subscription

If you do subscribe seperately, I'd expect you'll lose the VM specific content as you'll not longer be a VM Spotify customer

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Try this link Andrew https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/virginmedia-and-spotify/

It should be free for 6 months providing that you re contract for 12 monthsThat offer ended in March. It's now 3 months if you have Premiere or VIP Collections

Daveoc64
08-05-2012, 16:45
If you do subscribe seperately, I'd expect you'll lose the VM specific content as you'll not longer be a VM Spotify customer

Really?

That would be a shame.

I mean it's so up to date with the news:

pengedragon
23-05-2012, 12:43
quick question guys if anyone can help, i've looked through the thread but still a bit confused

seems i should get 3 months free spotify with the premiere collection, how does this work ?

should virgin send me a code, do i need to call them ? does it matter if i already have a spotify account ?

thanks

BenMcr
23-05-2012, 12:59
Firstly the appropriate codes need to be on your account - this is something Virgin have to do and then the help site is your friend ;)

How do I register for my Virgin Media Spotify account? (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=C3239AB8-5F06-4B8D-BF67-01F11E4B11F1)

pengedragon
23-05-2012, 13:04
thanks, how do i know if the codes are on my account ? sorry if thats a stupid question :D

actually i cant see anything on my virgin media so i guess i have to call them, any ideas on the best option to speak to someone who may know what i'm talking about ?

BenMcr
23-05-2012, 13:09
Customer Services should know, and if the agent can't help ask for the call to be escalated until you get it sorted

pengedragon
23-05-2012, 13:44
cheers, will call now

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

all done, cheers for the help

Tricky Trevor
23-05-2012, 16:42

I got an email yesterday about the free 2 months and apparantly I've been 'tickled'. They say I have 2 months free until the end of May yet 'My Virgin Media' still says I have it until the end of July.

It went on to say they will email me details later about how to continue my premium subscription so maybe there might be some sort of discount after all.