PDA

View Full Version : 100M Install delay

BenJSmyth
25-10-2011, 11:48
Morning all!

Just thought I would post my experiences with the upgrade process when trying to go from VIP50 to VIP100.

I called up on the weekend and was told I am not able to keep the old 50mb kit and that I need the Superhub for the 100mb service. I am perfectly happy with that and actually would prefer one device instead of my current two.

The problem is though that an engineer visit is required and the first available appointment in my area is over 4 weeks away! I asked for the Supehub to be posted for a self install but they said that wasn't possible. Surely a 4 week wait isn't the norm is it?

Stephen
25-10-2011, 12:23
It can be, just depends on the area and engineer availability.

Nopanic
25-10-2011, 12:56
Call back and see if they can upgrade you over the phone.

roughbeast
25-10-2011, 13:35
NoPanic is right. There is nothing so complicated about upgrading that ordinary computer savvy folk cannot manage.

At least you are capable of upgrade to VIP100.

Although Coventry is down for an October 2011 upgrade on the most recent roll out timetable, it hasn't happened yet. 25th. Oct and counting.

Yeah! I know. The timetable is only a guide.

BenJSmyth
25-10-2011, 15:42
Call back and see if they can upgrade you over the phone.

Do you mean they should be able to upgrade me even using the existing VMG300 50mb modem? Perhaps they could do this in the meantime whilst I wait for the engineer visit. That would be a good compromise.

BenJSmyth
25-10-2011, 19:20
I have phoned up again this evening and have been told that I will have to wait and they won't be able to send me a Superhub for me to do a self install over the phone with technical support. They also say they can't activate my current 50mb modem for 100mb. Looks like I will just have to wait.

thenry
25-10-2011, 19:26
for a SuperHub :D

Nopanic
26-10-2011, 06:49
I have phoned up again this evening and have been told that I will have to wait and they won't be able to send me a Superhub for me to do a self install over the phone with technical support. They also say they can't activate my current 50mb modem for 100mb. Looks like I will just have to wait.

That's not true, plenty of people including myself have 100Mb with the VMNG.

Process vs customer experience I guess.

Sometimes you'll find people that will do it .. I don't question the VM process and if they say you have to have a SH then so be it, but if some agents do it on the VMNG, then it creates a really poor (unfair) experience for other users. This is down to the agent though, not VM.

IMO

Chrysalis
28-10-2011, 02:29
ring retentions, say upgrade me now or at least send superhub in post or forget it altogether and no extra revenue.