PDA

View Full Version : Phone line dead,Street Cabinet open,Phantom numbers on my bill

m419
23-10-2011, 21:14
Ok, well my phone line has mysteriously gone dead all of a sudden again, last time it went dead it was busy everytime you called it but this time it just rings and rings. On both occasions, i've noticed phantom numbers on my bill and on both occasions the street cabinet outside has been left open.

They are not expensive but they are numbers that I never call! and considering I live alone now with no one able to gain access to the property it leads me to believe that something strange is going on.

The neighbours line is working, since i've moved to this part of the area, the problem has arose, never had problems like this for such a long time.

Digital Fanatic
25-10-2011, 18:29
Ok, well my phone line has mysteriously gone dead all of a sudden again, last time it went dead it was busy everytime you called it but this time it just rings and rings. On both occasions, i've noticed phantom numbers on my bill and on both occasions the street cabinet outside has been left open.

They are not expensive but they are numbers that I never call! and considering I live alone now with no one able to gain access to the property it leads me to believe that something strange is going on.

The neighbours line is working, since i've moved to this part of the area, the problem has arose, never had problems like this for such a long time.

First thing you need to do is speak to Customer Care 0845 454 1111 and ask for a Toll Enquiry on the line, then call faults and book a tech to repair your line. The service tech should be able to see if your line has been tampered with in the street cab.

m419
26-10-2011, 20:27
They've been out and the in-house Virgin Media engineer explained it was to do with shabby work carried out by Kelly Communications, to save time fixing someone elses line, pulled out the connection at both the street cabinet and the cabinet on the roof, as it is a council block he wasn't able to gain access to the roof because he needed the special key and at the time neither me or the engineer could reach anyone that had the key! So they are coming again next week to sort out the cabinet on the roof.

The cabinet in the street, he locked it properly. So now I know who keeps leaving them open around the area, kelly communications.

Once it has been reconnected I will write to Virgin Media to request a refund with the list of telephone numbers. The weird thing is, they are mostly 0844,0843 and 0871 numbers and are all just cost under £1 each. You'd think that a scammer would ring 070 or 09 numbers and when you ring these numbers, they are not recognised on my mobile.