PDA

View Full Version : 30M DMZ mode for PS3

NHilton24
22-10-2011, 09:56
Hi guys,

I'm sure this must of been asked a million times before (I had a search but couldn't find an answer)

Basically having problems with FIFA 12 on PS3, and have been told to put my 30MB hub into DMZ mode...I am completely lost

I've Googled it for a while, but nothing seems to work

Any advice?

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

Sorry, forgot to say, I'm using wireless to connect my PS3

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/10/19.png

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

And NAT 2 on PS3

pabscars
22-10-2011, 11:38
Firstly I'd ask what problems are you having, and is there any way you can eliminate the wireless part by possibly using an ethernet cable.

What I believe you need to do is set up your PS3 with a static IP address, then input this exact same IP address in the DMZ section in the router setting's.

This should hopefully put your PS3's connection in the De Militarised Zone (DMZ) part of the router.

NHilton24
22-10-2011, 18:10
Firstly I'd ask what problems are you having, and is there any way you can eliminate the wireless part by possibly using an ethernet cable.

What I believe you need to do is set up your PS3 with a static IP address, then input this exact same IP address in the DMZ section in the router setting's.

This should hopefully put your PS3's connection in the De Militarised Zone (DMZ) part of the router.

Thanks for the reply. The problem seems to be specific to one game, which is FIFA 12 Ultimate team...I get no problems elsewhere on PSN...

The EA forums state the game has some problems, but will be resolved by a few things...Modem mode - have tried this with no change. Ethernet - no change. Then DMZ...

I will look into a static IP then

General Maximus
22-10-2011, 19:22
when you put the hub in modem mode is the ps3 connected straight to it or are you connecting another router to the modem and ps3 to the router?

if you directly connected the ps3 so it is the only device with internet access then putting your hub in the dmz isnt going to solve your problem

Pipster
22-10-2011, 19:50
Thanks for the reply. The problem seems to be specific to one game, which is FIFA 12 Ultimate team...I get no problems elsewhere on PSN...

The EA forums state the game has some problems, but will be resolved by a few things...Modem mode - have tried this with no change. Ethernet - no change. Then DMZ...

I will look into a static IP then

Mine is in the DMZand I still get problems with ultimate team. One game I was downto 10 men and won 1 nil against a better side. Final whistle and the game disconnected frommy end and I lost be default 3 - 0. Its the game not Virgin or the PS3.

Placing your console in a DMZ is not a difficult thing to do, but you will need to set aside half an hour to get to grips with the process - and you'll need administrator access to your router.

First things first, turn on your console and go to Settings > Network Settings.

From here, you can change all the bits and gubbins which help your PS3 connect to the internet.

You will need to give your PS3 a static IP address. IP addresses are like street addresses, only for your internet network. A static IP address will ensure that your router always knows where it can find your PS3.

To do this, first you'll need to go to the Settings and Connection Status List and make a note of 2 numbers:

1. The 'IP Address'

2. The 'Default Router'

Once you've got these, back out of this menu and go to the Internet Connection Settings menu. From here, follow these steps:

1. Select 'Custom'

2. Select the type of connection your using (If your PS3 is plugged in to the router, select 'Wired', if not you're using a wireless connection, select that intead.)

3. If you selected wireless, set up your connection as normal untill you get to the IP Address menu.

4. If you selected wired, select 'Auto-Detect' at the next screen and continue to the IP Address menu.

5. At the IP Address menu, select 'Manual'.

Remember those numbers you marked down earlier? Here's why you noted them!

You'll now see a screen with 5 options:

IP Address

Here, you need to input the number you noted down earlier. However, you should change the last group of 3 digits to something else. Your safest bet is to increase this number by 50 and use that. So, if the IP address you noted earlier was 192.168.0.50 then your new IP address would be 192.168.0.100

Note that the numbers here only go up to 255, so use that as a maximum if you need to. Be sure to ONLY change the last group of numbers! Make a note of the number you decided to go with.

Subnet Mask

This is almost always 255.255.255.0, don't change this unless you have a specific reason to do so.

Default Router

The second of the numbers you wrote down, all you need to do here is input the IP address of your router.

Primary DNS

This bit is super easy. Remember the number you placed in 'Default Router'? Whack it in here again!

Secondary DNS

You don't need anything at all here, unless you have a specific reason to input a Secondary DNS.

Once you're done here, make sure to make a note of the IP address you entered at this menu and hit right on the d-pad to advance.

6. For MTU - select Automatic

7. Do not use a proxy server, unless you have a specific reason to use one!

8. UPnP - it's usually a good idea to enable this, but if you have voice comms trouble after using this guide, try disabling it.

9. Review the settings and test the connection!

Now, don't panic. Your PS3 may scream at you that it cant connect to PSN. In the words of Revolver Ocelot, "We're not finished yet!"

Your next task is to log on to your router as an administrator. Check your router's manual for details on how to do this (alternatively, google is your friend).

Somewhere in the plethora of settings and techy bits that make up your router's menu will be an option to assign a 'DMZ'. I cant point you directly to this since every router differs, your best bet is that good ole' friend google.

Once you find it, you'll be asked to input an IP address for your DMZ. Here, you need to put in the IP address you gave your PS3 earlier, the one you noted down after step 5 of this guide. Once you've done that, save your settings, wait for your router to sort itself out, then dance a bit - you're nearly done.

Troop over to your PS3 and go back into Network Settings. From here, select Internet Connection Test. If all has gone swimmingly, your test will be successful and your NAT Type will read '2'. Hurrah! Your console is demilitarised and has nothing to fear from aerial bombings* or multiplayer connection troubles.

If it fails, something has gone horribly wrong. Maybe terrorists intercepted your traffic and changed an IP address whilst you weren't looking, or maybe you forgot something. Fear not - post in this thread with the results of your internet connection test and our lovely community will do their best to help you out.