PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub issues

AGray
17-10-2011, 00:45
I've had the Superhub for a while now and i have been content with it, however i recently had a new laptop to be used by family staying over, so i wanted to make sure i could at least limit the internet activity once it is lights out.

However i have come to relise this Superhub is an absolute pain when it comes to trying to filter the times, it feels terrible.

1] You can't set the times from (For instance) 10pm - to- 7:30am because the Superhub says the time range is invalid, and to ensure end time is later than or equal to the start time.

This means i have to set it to 11:59pm, therefor meaning if they can go on it anytime after midnight should they so choose (Although obviously haven't made them aware of this).

2] The internal clock on the Superhub is supposedly 1 hour behind (Normal GMT instead of GMT +1?) since i read that on some other forum while researching this, however, i have absolutely no idea what time my specific Superhub is set to and i would love to find out just so i can accurately assure that the MAC Filter is timed correctly.

3] This one relates to both above, i have the MAC Filter activated for the laptop at the specific times i require, but it has no effect. It hasn't been automatically cutting off the laptop in question, i also tried the IP Filtering, but again that had no effect on anything.

4] Finally, i don't know if this is a feature on other routers, but isn't there a command i can use which remotely cuts off the connection, without havng to delete the MAC etc to make sure i don't have to go through all the setup again.

So basic jist:

1] MAC Filter not allowing overnight restriction.
2] Internal clock verification.
3] MAC Filter/IP Filter not working.
4] Remote kill-switch for users.

I'm using firmware version V5.5.2R30

Mick Fisher
17-10-2011, 14:33
If you log into your superhub and open the CONNECTIONS tab then scroll down to the bottom of the page you will find:

Current System Time:Mon Oct 17 13:21:40 2011

HTH :)

As for the rest of your list, I have no idea. :(

As, in keeping with most features of the superhub, the features you are trying to utilise probably do not work in the expected fashion, if at all.

If you need advanced features you would be better off obtaining a decent router and switching the superhub to modem mode.