PDA

View Full Version : 30M Wonky Wireless

da_vone
08-10-2011, 16:19
Hi everyone ive got the superhub the nice free standing modem where the lights are as follows blue, green, green.

The computer i use has a wired connection so the net is working really well.

However the wireless is a little wonky in the sense its a bit of a hit and miss and its been like this for almost a week now. i can see my wireless name on the laptop and phone but it just wont connect (and then the are times when its behaving it does connect and works well).

I have changed the wireless name about 2 times [mainly just replacing the number at the end] as well as resetting it with the switch at the back as well as taking the plug out and putting it back in and also pushing a pin in the back to reset it, but none of these things have sorted out the issue. Does any one have any suggestion?

da_vone
08-10-2011, 18:28
Hi again all, i called up tech support and had a fiddle in the advance setting in the super hub turns out the Chanel under the wireless setting was auto and they guy advised me to change it to 11. Wireless seems to be working nicely now. thanks to everyone who read this post. Much Appreciated

Mick Fisher
08-10-2011, 20:00
Try using InSSider (http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/) to help set your channel to the least congested in your locality.

I found setting the 802.11 mode to 145mbps and the band to 2.4ghz was the only settings that gave me a semblance of stability. Even after R30 I was still getting the odd reboot.

Good luck with it. If all else fails get a decent router and switchto modem mode.