PDA

View Full Version : Sony PlayStation 3 update 3.72 issue

alexcopeland
27-09-2011, 17:20
Since updating to the latest version of the PlayStation 3 firmware version 3.72 I've noticed that there is no longer any bass coming from console to my Onkyo A/V receiver. The only way to describe it as 5.0. The machine is an older 40GB system.

I've run through the audio setup for the console and check all cabling. I also have Sky Movies HD and a TiVo and they sound fine.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem and/or no of a fix?

thenry
27-09-2011, 17:29
found this via google > http://drivers.downloadatoz.com/tutorial/27712,how-to-fix-ps3-update-3-72-sound-audio-issue.html

edit: i've never used the site myself, be careful.

alexcopeland
27-09-2011, 18:10
Thanks for the link. I've had a read and it refers to optical cable connections and I'm sololy using HDMI. I'll have a little bit more of a tinker later tonight if I get a chance.

O.K so I've had a play with the settings and found that I can only get bass while watching Blu-ray discs when I set the audio from Linear PCM to Bit Stream but that's not fixing the the problem as my older Playstation will not output DTS-HD Master audio via this method. It looks like Sony have broken my perfectly working PS3 with this new update.

alexcopeland
05-10-2011, 23:53
Resolved issue today and discovered the issue was a result of the Dynamic Range Control be set to auto which reduces the bass effect. When set to off the audio is as it should be from the Blu-ray disc movie which produces more bass.