PDA

View Full Version : Keeping email address when closing broadband account

toothy
21-09-2011, 18:01
I've got an old ntlworld email address on Virgin broadband. Not long ago I moved in to live with someone who's also got Virgin broadband. I have reatined my broadband account because my house hasn't been sold yet.

Is there a way for me to close my broadband account and still keep my old email address?

I presume Virgin won't forward email from a closed account but could I transfer my ntlworld email address to my friend's account?

Alternatively could I convert my old broadband account into a PAYG account with the same ntlworld email address?

Any ideas on what to do?

LSainsbury
21-09-2011, 18:15
If you are going to transfer it - just sign up wih a free service like GMail and then you'll never* have this problem again.

*Unless Google decide to ditch the mail platform or make a subscription only...

Ignitionnet
21-09-2011, 18:40
As far as I know you most definitely cannot transfer an email address to a friend's account, it is tied to yours and yours alone, and PAYG dialup doesn't exist any more.

BenMcr
21-09-2011, 19:08
As far as I know you most definitely cannot transfer an email address to a friend's account, it is tied to yours and yours alone, and PAYG dialup doesn't exist any more.Correct