PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Upgrade From 20mb Bundle to 50mb

YorkyBar
19-09-2011, 10:54
Hey all looking for some advice from fellow users and staff who also take the time to use these forums.

Am currently on triple XL and out of contract.Think ended last November if recall so well out of contract. So just wanting to know what my options and best deal possible as I assume I can get few things waived due to having this little more pushing power?

Bill charges currently as follows:
Telephone Line Rental £12.99
Talk Unlimited £8.00
X L Triple Saving -£20.95
Call Display £2.05
TV Size X L £26.00
V+ HD Monthly Fee £0.00 (don't have...)
Broadband XL(20) £37
Paper Bill Charge £1.50
Total: £66.59

Think would want to upgrade to 50mb
Stay on XL TV
Unlimited Calls
Tivo (would be able to get £49.95 waived as seen few others do this on here, also due to me being out of contract?)
Seen someone post link which offered bundle but can't find it again or even on virgin website. Basically offered 50mb , xl tv, tivo + v d box for about £64...

Another question, also still have V+ HD box, could I use that to bargain/haggle anything else... as it would save them a normal box in the additional room, as it would be moved out of front room to be replaced by tivo box.

Am I right there will be trying (say trying because it's normal practice) to charge activation fee, install fee & the added £3 a month extra for the whole Tivo...

Thanks in advance for all your replies, it's not a case of wanting everything for nothing, but I want a very fair deal with regards to all these charges... and also been out of contract plays a big part in my approach this way. :)

General Maximus
19-09-2011, 19:45
you defo need to ring up and see what deal you can get because the price you are paying for BB is what 100mbit users are paying.

That being said, I would defo recommend 50mbit either way. I was perfectly happy when I was on 20mbit thinking that I would never need anything faster, but the faster you go, the sweeter it gets.

Donkeys years ago when 512k was all you can get my downloads would take over 4 hours, then it went to 2 hours on 1mbit, 1hr 40 on 1.5mbit, then 50 mins on 3mbit, 16 mins on 10mbit, 8 mins on 20mbit and now 3-4 mins on 50mbit. I can't wait for 100mbit, it is great knowing that downloads are done and dusted and you don't have to wait for ages for them to finish before you can move on to something else.

YorkyBar
19-09-2011, 20:46
Thanks for the reply GM, don't know whether to do soon or see what they say and wait til december... am guessing there will be more they can do for you about that time... most likely wrong.

Be nice to hear some virgin staff input if possible.

General Maximus
19-09-2011, 22:26
Nopanic (VM stuff) replied to a similar thread yesterday and said that lots of different factors are taken into consideration such as how long you have been with VM, what tier you are on and current discounts so everyone is different and each person is dealt with on a case by base basis which is why you need to ring up.

Tbh i think sooner is better than later. This is the time of the year when they'll be doing their drive for xmas to make sure all the installs are up and running for December. See what they say though. I rang Sky up a few months ago enquiring about something and they made me an offer on some stuff that sounded too good to be true so i snapped it up there and then so there was no going back on it.