PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub and 10MB service

smallethic
15-09-2011, 21:12
I have a spare Superhub. Can it be used on the 10MB service? If so, what does one have to do to get it connected?

jb66
15-09-2011, 22:13
if you got it from a mate or ebay its stolen and cant be used

smallethic
15-09-2011, 22:17
Virgin sent me two rather than one and told me to keep the extra one.

jb66
15-09-2011, 22:31
Quickstart on 0800 953 9500 should be the best place to try to get it activated

Peter_
15-09-2011, 23:27
I have a spare Superhub. Can it be used on the 10MB service? If so, what does one have to do to get it connected?
You can only have one modem per account if you call in to activate the new modem the old modem will be deactivated and no longer work.

You cannot give the Superhub to a friend as it will not work on their account either.

RB2004
15-09-2011, 23:48
You can only have one modem per account if you call in to activate the new modem the old modem will be deactivated and no longer work.

You cannot give the Superhub to a friend as it will not work on their account either.

couldnt the friend just phone up the quickstart line and get it activated?
if the mac addresses are linked to the account before being sent out, then why do they still need activating?

or, do the quickstart team check if a replacement superhub was sent out?
reason I ask is because I was sent a spare, and if i get any problems in the future, I was hoping i could just swap it out instead of phoning for an engineer... just swap then phone the quickstart line.

qasdfdsaq
16-09-2011, 01:44
If they told you to keep it then they've reliquished ownership of it.

At which point I'd like to buy it off you.

RB2004
16-09-2011, 02:38
If they told you to keep it then they've reliquished ownership of it.

At which point I'd like to buy it off you.

lol, id love to rip one apart and see if I can improve the wireless signal.

smallethic
16-09-2011, 08:23
I'm a 30MB Virgin customer; my son is a 10MB Virgin customer. Virgin have given me a spare Superhub and told me to keep it. I do not see why that spare should not be used for my son's 10MB connection. What's the problem in activating it?

Peter_
16-09-2011, 12:35
couldnt the friend just phone up the quickstart line and get it activated?
if the mac addresses are linked to the account before being sent out, then why do they still need activating?

or, do the quickstart team check if a replacement superhub was sent out?
reason I ask is because I was sent a spare, and if i get any problems in the future, I was hoping i could just swap it out instead of phoning for an engineer... just swap then phone the quickstart line.
Superhub MAC addresses are usually added to your account before being sent out so will be linked to your account and will not activate on another account, thats why it.

qasdfdsaq
16-09-2011, 14:45
lol, id love to rip one apart and see if I can improve the wireless signal.
Not a whole lot you could do but it does have detacheable antennas which can be replaced with a pigtail and whatever standardized antenna connect you fancy using.

The wireless card is also changeable but I wouldn't count on being to make it work without modifying the firmware's wireless driver, which of course will break your modem.