PDA

View Full Version : VQF1002 splitter

Johnb20
14-09-2011, 21:52
Hi folks, this is my first post so if I'm in the wrong forum please accept my appologies.
I have digital TV and 20 meg broadband plus phone services.

I currently have one VQF1002 splitter providing these services To one position and I am currently redecorating my lounge and wish to add more outlets for the TV.
Can I simply add more of these in series or will this degrade the signal.
If not is there a better way to do this.
What I want is four separate coax outputs for independent TV positions with only one of these in use at any one time.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Sephiroth
15-09-2011, 11:20
You most certainly would degrade power by adding a splitter in series. Unterminated ports would also be points of noise ingress.

I take it you want to move your TV box around to different TVs - something like that.

Presumably you've looked at http://mediacables.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=3_6&main_page=index and reached the conclusion that you need to put a splitter in series.

If your input downstream power is reasonably high (like not below 0 dBmv) then a series splitter with unused points terminated should work OK. You've then got the issue of unterminated coax leads to consider! So you'll need male and femal terminators.

Hope thathelps.

Johnb20
17-09-2011, 19:19
Thanks for you advice Seph,
You are quite right I, or rather my wife wants to be able to move the TV around.
I had not actually seen the link that you posted before, so having skimmed through it, I think I will go for a 4 way splitter and terminate any unused outlets.
Many thanks for your help.