PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Help Change ip?

shadowman786
13-09-2011, 13:28
Hi I was wondering is there any way of changing the ip address ? I did turn the power off the superhub but when I checked my ip address via google the ip is still the same. Does this mean Virgin use a static ip address? if yes can it still be changed?

Kymmy
13-09-2011, 13:34
It uses a leased dhcp.. Problem is though that even when the lease expires unless you have all the addressees filled up in your area you;re very likely to get the same one back.

With the VM modems you could change the MAC of the connecting device and just reboot the modem. It'll probably be the same in bridge mode on the superhub as you can change the MAC of the connected router but if you use the built in router side of the superhub then you're stuck

Ignitionnet
13-09-2011, 14:32
Hi I was wondering is there any way of changing the ip address ? I did turn the power off the superhub but when I checked my ip address via google the ip is still the same. Does this mean Virgin use a static ip address? if yes can it still be changed?

Yes you can get a different IP address, but before I tell you how I am curious - who did you upset / who are you trying to upset but were blocked from doing so? ;)

shadowman786
13-09-2011, 14:55
Yes you can get a different IP address, but before I tell you how I am curious - who did you upset / who are you trying to upset but were blocked from doing so? ;)

It's nothing like that I just wanted to no if it can be done.

djrobmac
04-01-2012, 13:36

Any help on this would be great!

Andrewcrawford23
04-01-2012, 13:39
it is possible to change ip through various methods some could cause you and someoen else problems, all are legal ways to do it

but anyone who says just cause they want to know dnt jsut want to know they want to evade something i love to know what yoru trying to evade