PDA

View Full Version : Superhub New Hub unidentified network

DJ Dave
13-09-2011, 11:22
Hi guys my sister has just had 10mb broadband installed and they guy has given her a Superhub, the laptop connects via the cable but once I unplug the cable we get "unidentified network" on the wireless connection it also is calling it a public network not home.

I was around for a bit when the guy came but had to nip out, he was gone when I came back and told my sister if it said this to re start the hub but this has changed nothing.

Any help would be great thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

P.S Just done a speed test and it's only saying 2.07mbps I live over the road and mine is the full 10 nearly.

RB2004
13-09-2011, 11:28
Hi guys my sister has just had 10mb broadband installed and they guy has given her a Superhub, the laptop connects via the cable but once I unplug the cable we get "unidentified network" on the wireless connection it also is calling it a public network not home.

I was around for a bit when the guy came but had to nip out, he was gone when I came back and told my sister if it said this to re start the hub but this has changed nothing.

Any help would be great thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

P.S Just done a speed test and it's only saying 2.07mbps I live over the road and mine is the full 10 nearly.

unidentified network, and public are windows related.

only reason it would say public, is if you clicked public when it was connected for the first time.. but you can switch that easily :)

need to just click customize, as shown in this image,

http://gadgetress.freedomblogging.com/files/2009/10/networksharing.jpg

Speed test, was that done via wireless? or cabled?

wireless you will be lucky to get over 30mbit, even with 100mbit but depending on signal quality 2mbit on a 10mbit line is plausible.

Try the speed test again cabled.

DJ Dave
13-09-2011, 11:37
speed test was on cable, back home now and even i'm getting 5.20mbps!!

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

so going back on topic if I click customize etc that should also fix the unidentified network?

RB2004
13-09-2011, 11:44
speed test was on cable, back home now and even i'm getting 5.20mbps!!

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

so going back on topic if I click customize etc that should also fix the unidentified network?

Hi, ok, if it was on cable.

Try switching off any security software briefly, as firewalls can slow the connection down.

if that still doesnt work, try SG TCP Optimizer
http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

save it, right click, run as administrator.. select the broadband speed, click optimal, then Apply changes.

yep customize should if i can remember off th top of my head allow you to edit the network name :)