PDA

View Full Version : QPSK for months!

chambohambo
11-09-2011, 22:01
Been on QPSK upstream for months now, well ever since they increased the upload speeds, but befor they did the upload speed increases I was on QAM16 why do you think they have done this?

Efour
12-09-2011, 02:51
I thought it swapped to that to tolerate noise (faults) and more likely it halves people available bandwidth. (cram more people in on cheap before they need to upgrade)

Mine also went onto QPSK way back in June, they sighted noise for the faults, then after 2 or 3 fixes the networks ground to a halt cos its back on QAM16 and there no were near enough bandwidth for everyone.

Ignitionnet
12-09-2011, 09:31
Efour why would the network having twice as much upstream bandwidth cause it to grind to a halt?

Congestion is I'd have thought far more likely on 9Mbit/s of capacity than it is on 18Mbit/s.

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Been on QPSK upstream for months now, well ever since they increased the upload speeds, but befor they did the upload speed increases I was on QAM16 why do you think they have done this?

Could be any number of reasons, either way you noted elsewhere you've seen no problems so really who cares what modulation the network is running so long as the capacity is sufficient :)

Efour
12-09-2011, 11:01
Im only quoting what a 2nd line VM rep told me. sorry