PDA

View Full Version : Risky Connection Blocked

cupcakes aka dd
05-09-2011, 10:08
Wonder if anyone can enlighten me as to what is happening.

Came back off holiday last week and since then I'm getting a message from McAfee saying it's blocking a risky connection at least once a day. The IP is 204.11.109.23 which I believe belongs to a.tribalfusion.com. I've also noticed that McAfee has been deleting Tracking Cookies for about a month on the log one of which was tribalfusion amongst others i.e Eyeblaster. Has my system been compromised? :(

Kymmy
05-09-2011, 10:23
As tribalfusion is a digital marketing company I'd at very least do a full ad/malware scan using a couple of scanners.. If clean after that then I wouldn't worry to much about it.

If though you keep getting the cookie alerts then one site you're visiting is using them

cupcakes aka dd
05-09-2011, 14:56
Thanks. Does anyone know if Cookie-Eyeblaster is harmful? What is it?

Kymmy
05-09-2011, 16:38
A cookie in it's own right can't be harmful as it's only a simple text file. It could though hold information about you that you don't want other sites to know.

What's the full name of the cookie in question as it might tell you which site it came from.

cupcakes aka dd
05-09-2011, 17:23
Cookie-Eyeblaster. McAfee is removing it up to 10 times a day. :( I can feel a reinstall coming on. :mad: