PDA

View Full Version : Superhub wireless issue - non connection

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 19:38
Recently I had my SSID: (virgin network) name changed at it wouldn't connect to wireless.

I have recently noticed that name that the support service set up now seems to have reset to the factory settings and the laptop and my phone don't pick up the wireless service.

any idea how to sort it or do I have to phone up the call centre?

v0id
04-09-2011, 21:30

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 21:35

what do I just type it in?

what about the password?

do I set the mode back to 300 or leave it 145?

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

can you read this also please?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33680836-lights-going-off.html

I'm still on R26

thenry
04-09-2011, 21:42
Follow the instructions in your other thread.

Your network name, password etc. can be found on the back of your SuperHub. Just manually reset your SuperHub > http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345041&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 21:46
Follow the instructions in your other thread.

Manually reset your SuperHub > http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345041&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=

what is that going to do mate?

I changed the mode to 145 and tried that other thing you said about downloading and changed it back to 300 but it was still a problem

it already appears that it has reset back to the factory settings

thenry
04-09-2011, 21:50
It'll put the SuperHub back into factory default mode. You can just copy and paste the network name from the back of your SuperHub.

Have you changed the channel to one thats unused? Did you have a look at networks in your area?

Go 192.168.0.1
login
advanced settings
PnP
disable it

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 21:53
It'll put the SuperHub back into factory default mode. You can just copy and paste the network name from the back of your SuperHub.

Have you changed the channel to one thats unused? Did you have a look at networks in your area?

Go 192.168.0.1
login
advanced settings
PnP
disable it

am starting to get confused now mate, check back the previous thread please, when I chaged it back to 300 it said connections were available and then a few seconds later it said they weren't.

the name of the super hub has already reset back to its factory name, I had to get it changed a few weeks ago by the call centre to something else to allow me wireless access, since its reset the same problem happened again, no wireless access

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-and-50Mb-broadband/wireless-problems-amp-reboots/td-p/701303

thenry
04-09-2011, 21:58
You've created 2 threads on here :confused:

When you searched using inSIDDer did you find any 5GHz networks? Networks with channels outside of 1-13 ?

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 22:11
You've created 2 threads on here :confused:

When you searched using inSIDDer did you find any 5GHz networks? Networks with channels outside of 1-13 ?

I didn't know the issues are linked.

You have to remember am not exactly IT minded

I haven't changed it to 5Ghz mate.

I have reset the hub like you said but the hub name remained the same like I thought it would it has automatically reset itself

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

when I got my new super hub, about 4 weeks ago, it wouldn't connect to wireless on my laptop or my Nokia N8 or my wifes Blackberry, when I phoned the call centre they changed my super hub SSID name and that managed to get me access, my mode was set at 300 (channels were 11 & 2nd 7) and my band at 2.4GHz.

Today it would appear my router once again reset itself, I only noticed this when my wife tired to get wireless access on her laptop and there was no signal strength. When I went into my hub settings I noticed that the SSID name, which had been changed 4 weeks ago, has now reset its self back to the factory name along with the password.

thenry
04-09-2011, 22:25
ok if your wifes laptop is more important than the phones then get on the blower, now if you like and ask VM to send you out the wireless adapter you should of got. When it comes put the SuperHub into 5GHz mode and use it as well as reporting back here just to let us know how things are.

Your hub is conflicting with something but I can't get my head around what it could be. You've checked the channels using the tool, have changed settings, your power levels look perfect.

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 22:32
ok if your wifes laptop is more important than the phones then get on the blower, now if you like and ask VM to send you out the wireless adapter you should of got. When it comes put the SuperHub into 5GHz mode and use it as well as reporting back here just to let us know how things are.

Your hub is conflicting with something but I can't get my head around what it could be. You've checked the channels using the tool, have changed settings, your power levels look perfect.

on that inSSIDer

I have the following

RSSI: -50 (but this seems to change)
Channel: 1

I notice another one has this

RSSI: -86 (put this seems to change)
Channel 1 + 5 (sometimes it shows 1 on its own)
Vendor: D Link International (my vendor is blank)

when, or if, I get R30 will this sort the issue?

When ever I change the mode back to 300 my wireless connection disappears, when I go to 145 it is no problem.

HOWEVER - I don't have a clue why the bloody thing reset back to factory settings without me manually doing it myself.

If I phone them up they are going to change the SSID of my super hub again aren't they?

thenry
04-09-2011, 22:41
Don't tell them about your problem here, just ask them for the adapter to be sent to you because you didn't get it when you got your BB installed.

Where is your SuperHub placed in your home, is it next to anything it could conflict with ?

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 22:43
Where is your SuperHub placed in your home, is it next to anything it could conflict with ?

Hub is next to my computer tower as I have the connected via ethernet

thenry
04-09-2011, 22:48
move it to an open space not next to or near anything including radiators.

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 22:53
move it to an open space not next to or near anything including radiators.

I can't move anywhere else mate.

I can put it on the window sill just above a radiator

---------- Post added at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

There must something else that can be done without having to use this adaptor

thenry
04-09-2011, 22:57
The other thing is R30 mate but as mentioned, not sure when that will be released. You really need to move the SH away from anything that it could conflict with including radiators.

Within your thread on the community forum, state your SH is really playing up and want the R30. A mod/staff member may contact you via PM and push the firmware to your SH.

When did you get the SuperHub installed?

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 22:59
The other thing is R30 mate but as mentioned, not sure when that will be released.

Within your thread on the community forum, state your SH is really playing up and want the R30. A mod/staff member may contact you via PM and push the firmware to your SH.

When did you get the SuperHub installed?

I'm on my 2nd SH mate, I got this one installed about 4/5 weeks ago, right from the off the 2nd one wouldn't connect to wireless that was when I had my SSID name changed, now with the reset its went back to the same problem as intially.

thenry
04-09-2011, 23:04
I didn't have the reset issue and I don't understand why it does that. Mine rebooted when I had R26 running a 2.4 GHz network but then changed to 5 GHz and no longer had the daily reboot issues.

Is the white cable from the wall plate to your SuperHub too short for you to move it elsewhere or is the ethernet cable the issue ?

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 23:07
I didn't have the reset issue and I don't understand why it does that. Mine rebooted when I had R26 running a 2.4 GHz network but then changed to 5 GHz and no longer had the daily reboot issues.

Is the white cable from the wall plate to your SuperHub too short for you to move it elsewhere or is the ethernet cable the issue ?

ethernet cable will be the issue it isn't long enough to move any further than a foot from the computer tower

thenry
04-09-2011, 23:12
you can buy a longer ethernet cable for a few quid at most.

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 23:14
you can buy a longer ethernet cable for a few quid at most.

what difference does it make if its near a radiator or my computer?

the installer never said it was an issue.

I have tried what you told me to do changing this and that, don't know if I've done it right but it ain't working, am close to giving up am that peed off with the whole thing

thenry
04-09-2011, 23:18
Wireless networks in general conflict with certain things but the SuperHub running R26 firmware takes it too a whole new level.

Blairhoyle
04-09-2011, 23:20
Wireless networks in general conflict with certain things but the SuperHub running R26 firmware takes it too a whole new level.

I'll check back in later mate, thanks for your time again, I'll be back to pester you later you can bet on that ;)