PDA

View Full Version : 30M SuperHub Wifi problem

Nicosia
01-09-2011, 15:06
So when i received my superhub I had a problem with the Wifi and when i changed the settings from auto security so it basically uses the computers highest security mode to connect to the hub and i changed it and the wifi was working a treat but then a few days later the wifi stopped working and with ethernet its always working and then i changed the frequency from 300mb to 145 and it started working again but it seems that if i randomly change any settings in the wifi settings the wireless starts to work and then randomly stops working and refuses to work or let me connect to the net or admin page of the hub so then I have to go sit next to the hub and mess around with the settings and connect with an ethernet wire..

which even just after barely a week its hassle because its happened 4-5 times... Does any one know why this is happening or how to fix it? I have not messed with the super hubs firmware to see if it has the latest one I dont know if that would help at all?

RB2004
01-09-2011, 15:16
So when i received my superhub I had a problem with the Wifi and when i changed the settings from auto security so it basically uses the computers highest security mode to connect to the hub and i changed it and the wifi was working a treat but then a few days later the wifi stopped working and with ethernet its always working and then i changed the frequency from 300mb to 145 and it started working again but it seems that if i randomly change any settings in the wifi settings the wireless starts to work and then randomly stops working and refuses to work or let me connect to the net or admin page of the hub so then I have to go sit next to the hub and mess around with the settings and connect with an ethernet wire..

which even just after barely a week its hassle because its happened 4-5 times... Does any one know why this is happening or how to fix it? I have not messed with the super hubs firmware to see if it has the latest one I dont know if that would help at all?

Hi, just sounds like the typical Superhub R26 Firmware bugs, like wifi dropping, locking up under load, freezing etc.

I was also experiencing similar problems, was locking up about once a day and had to reboot the superhub.

theres an R30 beta which is being tested at the moment, but invites have been closed now since tuesday.. but I can say it seems to of resolved a lot of these problems, no problems encountered yet :)

so hopefully VM will roll it out soon, just a case of being patient and waiting, although i know its frustrating and annoying, lol everytime i was in the middle of doing something my internet packed in before on R26.

thenry
01-09-2011, 15:20
Are you running R26 firmware?

Go to 192.186.0.1 > Advanced Settings;

left hand side right at the bottom you'll see PnP > untick the box and apply (SH should reboot)

left hand side services > disable IP flood.

You want to check out your wireless device and wireless adapter settings.

Nicosia
01-09-2011, 15:55
Thank you for the replies, I also forgot to mention I have a guest network setup but I dnt know if that makes a difference?

Information
Standard Specification Compliant EU DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware Version 2.00
Software Version V5.5.2R26
MAC Address **
Serial Number **
CM Certificate Installed

IP flood protection? disabled it just now.

not sure how to check the wireless device or adaptor settings

This new beta firmware sounds good, I hope VM release it soon

thenry
01-09-2011, 16:07
If you don't know then I don't think you should attempt to change anything. I just mention it for a little read...

Desktop > right click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Network adapters > find it > properties > advanced > there will be 2 boxes, 1 list on the left and an extension on the right when you click on a line within the list.

Yes R30 is a massive improvement and should stop the drops, glitches etc. etc.

Have you manually set a wireless channel. Using InSSIDer to check your area.

Nicosia
01-09-2011, 16:23
Sorry, I should also mention that I use a macbook pro and am fairly new to macs as I have always used windows in the past.

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x8D)
Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.100.98.75.10)

I think thats the one.

I went into the guest network tab on the admin page 192.168.0.1 and selected enable guest network and the ID and set a name and enabled it that way.