PDA

View Full Version : 30M New Superhub not seeing my router.....

RomeroTech
25-08-2011, 13:27
Hi,

My Superhub arrived this morning.

I don't want to use the wireless side of the hub and would rather use my own router which is a D-Link DIR-655. I've looked at the info on the how to connect your router to the superhub instruction page and still no joy.

Basically the superhub is not seeing my router. It sees my PC just fine and displays the Mac address and ip address no problem.

I've reset my router back to factory defaults and all i've done with the superhub so far is change the password for login.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Francis

jb66
25-08-2011, 13:34
Is it plugged into your routers input Ethernet port?

RomeroTech
25-08-2011, 13:48
I have an ethernet cable going from my router WAN port to a Superhub LAN port.

kwikbreaks
25-08-2011, 15:19
That's all you should need to do connection wise but your DIR-655 has a default IP range of 192.168.0 which is the same as the Superhub and that won't work - it could be why it isn't picking up an IP.

I'd suggest that you connect up a PC to the DIR-655 without it connected to the Superhub and change the IP to something else - 192.168.1.n would be fine and then reconnect it to the Superhub and try again.

RomeroTech
25-08-2011, 16:02
That did the trick!! Genius!!

The IP change on the router was indeed the golden bullet. Nice one :D

kwikbreaks
25-08-2011, 16:31
Glad I could help. I hit the same problem but not quite the same symptoms with a router I had when I had the Superhub.

RomeroTech
25-08-2011, 16:56
With a bit of luck the upcoming R30 update will make life a bit easier all round. It would be nice to be able to just press a modem only button and it works just like my old modem did which i never ever had trouble with.

For now i hope this router ip in the DMZ solution will keep things moving along until then.

:tu: