PDA

View Full Version : Superhub COD Black Ops Resets Superhub

Robertus
18-08-2011, 10:53
So I thought I'd give Black Ops MP a run as I haven't played it for a while...only to discover that when acquiring the server list my Superhub just resets!

This is the PC version of black ops BTW.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Sirius
18-08-2011, 10:58
So I thought I'd give Black Ops MP a run as I haven't played it for a while...only to discover that when acquiring the server list my Superhub just resets!

This is the PC version of black ops BTW.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Turn off ip flood protection in the superhub.

I have been playing black ops on a super hub for months and it works fine if you turn off the flood protection.

Robertus
18-08-2011, 11:02
I've already done that.

Sirius
18-08-2011, 11:19
I've already done that.

Then you need to talk to VM and ask for a replacement SH.

Robertus
18-08-2011, 11:26
Sigh.

djxput
18-08-2011, 17:39
Turn off ip flood protection in the superhub.

I have been playing black ops on a super hub for months and it works fine if you turn off the flood protection.

hmmm how do you turn off flood protection and what does that do exactly?

adzii_nufc
18-08-2011, 18:33
hmmm how do you turn off flood protection and what does that do exactly?

When IP Flood Detection is enabled, the Super Hub has the ability to block malicious devices that are attempting to flood devices. Such as Denial of service attacks which uses up all available bandwidth.

Skie
18-08-2011, 23:20
Blops is Steamworks, right?

If so, try setting your connection speed in Steam to something less than the highest one. That should limit the rate at which it pings servers (which is what is killing your superhub)

MovedGoalPosts
18-08-2011, 23:53
hmmm how do you turn off flood protection

Click the "advanced" link at the bottom centre of the window.

Left hand menu select "services"

Check / uncheck the services you require (flood protection) and click apply.

Efour
19-08-2011, 09:30
I can play Blops with all the modem settings on or off makes no difference at all.....

maybe its a new perk ?

Neo-Tech
19-08-2011, 16:18
^Haha, that made me laugh.

qasdfdsaq
21-08-2011, 15:54
Gotta say, all these Superhub bugs make it hella easy to take down someone's connection remotely if they're hacking in COD.

In fact I almost rejoice when I see a virginmedia IP doing it since it's two clicks and about five seconds, whereas some of them Norwegian and Russian connections are surprisingly stubborn.

It's like, we're still a decade behind when it comes to building anything robust...