PDA

View Full Version : signing for the delivery of a new hub

Blairhoyle
17-08-2011, 12:20
I never knew I had to sign for the delivery as the call centre never told me.

what is the normal procedure here?

is it sent back or is left with a neighbour or left at the post office for collecting?

Chris
17-08-2011, 12:32
It depends which carrier they use ... you may be able to phone to rearrange delivery, alternatively drive to the depot (if a courier) or local delivery office/post office (if parcel farce).

Blairhoyle
17-08-2011, 18:16
Yodel delivered it, they can't deliver it to another address, I'm at work all day and they can only give me a time of between 7am-7pm!

Driving to Edinburgh at 5pm (peak traffic) to get there for 6pm closing!! No Chance!!

djmagnifique
17-08-2011, 21:11
Leave a note on your door saying 'please leave parcel at no.x', I did that when they were bringing me a stb and they left it with my neighbour with no problem, it means less work for them in the end.

Blairhoyle
18-08-2011, 14:39
Leave a note on your door saying 'please leave parcel at no.x', I did that when they were bringing me a stb and they left it with my neighbour with no problem, it means less work for them in the end.

yeah but they need a signature and I can't go to a neighbour and say "can you stay in for 10 hours until I come home in case they arrive!"

thenry
18-08-2011, 21:03
I have no idea whether this is possible but what about asking VM to deliver where you work explaining your schedule? You can also ask VM to take down your mobile number and the carrier should text you when its about to be delivered.

jb66
18-08-2011, 21:48
Even if you didn't have to sign for it, it's hardly gonna fit through your letterbox

Peter_
18-08-2011, 22:10
I have no idea whether this is possible but what about asking VM to deliver where you work explaining your schedule? You can also ask VM to take down your mobile number and the carrier should text you when its about to be delivered.
All the above can happen, and they should without doubt ask for a mobile number, I do on every call that requires one.