PDA

View Full Version : issues connecting to EA's xbox live servers

nadessico
14-08-2011, 22:47
First off, i've had no issues for the past year connecting when EA's servers are working, but for the past week i either can't connect to their Fifa 11 servers or it takes 5 or 6 restarts of my xbox to let me on.

The issue isn't EA's server being down because others i know are online at that time. Any idea's?

incidently, i have tried with non EA games and they're working fine

Horace
15-08-2011, 17:51
Have you tried completely removing power from the Xbox? Not just turning it off at the front but pulling the power-cable out the back or turning off at the wall, the network interface still retains power even when it is turned off and occasionally half-crashes causing problems, removing power completely is the only way to reboot it. I had a similar problem with everything working except Battlefield(EA again).

darkm
23-08-2011, 02:09
I am having the same issue, every other game is fine bar ea games...

nadessico
24-08-2011, 16:47
not found a perma fix for it, but seems that restarting my router seems to fix it, needs to be done every time i connect though :/

AndyCalling
24-08-2011, 22:01
EA's servers are a real pain. They are keen on throwing up weirdness. Fore ages they would fall over if you were using ECN on your network, even the EA website would fail to work as well as all their PC games' online functionality (if you don't know what ECN is, just trust me that EA were rubbish for tripping over this one).

I would suspect EA to be at fault until proven otherwise.

darkm
25-08-2011, 16:22
A few reboots and it does work, not sure what the issue is.