PDA

View Full Version : Confusion of services and of upgrading.

ocoromon
14-08-2011, 19:09
With all of these details going through my head its hard to concentrate on what i need. But for the most part i need help on solving this thing.

I have been a Virgin Broadband user for just over 3 years now. and have had no active landline for just on 3 years, this got cut off just after i signed up for the Subscription.

At the time this was the Small Package, 2Meg. (the good old days)

Now, i recently had a nice chat with a salesman at Virgin, who informs me that this sittuation is rather bizare. as i need an active Landline for my Cable BB, I know this to be false because of my experiance on networks, and the fact that i have already stated, i dont have one.

I went on to look up ways to upgrade my service without greatly increasing my Payout.

After considering returning to Sky, i took a look at what Virgin are offering existing customers these days.

Long story short, I have been paying over 20 quid for a service of 10Meg, with no land line hense no line rental, is it worth kicking up a storm and upgrading, if i am going to end up paying through the nose for what i may consider fair or reasonable. Also if virgin find this out, could they ask for back payment of service.

Normally i coudn't care less about any of this, but once i got upgrading into my head, i have had quite a job trying to get it out.

Silly Question - Would i be able to upgrade without adding line rental.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thenry
14-08-2011, 19:43
So you only have VM BB? What does your bill actually state, you say over 20 but it could be anything can you please post up your bill in full.

Judging purely on what you've said call VM tomorrow and speak to customer relations in the UK. You could possibly get onto 30Mb. State your concerns etc.

ocoromon
14-08-2011, 19:57
I am paying out 22.50. on eath monthly Bill.

thenry
14-08-2011, 20:10
Give VM a call tomorrow and voice your concerns etc. upgrade to 30Mb.

ocoromon
14-08-2011, 20:19
I will call them then. Thankyou.

RobboEdin
15-08-2011, 09:41
I am paying out 22.50. on eath monthly Bill.

The current monthly prices for standalone BB from Virgin Media are as follows:

BB L 10Mb £21
BB XL 30Mb £28.50
BB XXL 50Mb £35
BB 100Mb £45

These prices assume that you are using ebilling and DD. Add £1.50 for a paper bill and £5 for not paying by DD.

ocoromon
15-08-2011, 23:17
Ok, thanks for the info.

I rang Virgin and Upgraded Earlier to the XL 30Mb Broadband, and Got the free Superhub, A good deal, even after 7.50 on a 15 minute mobile call.

I know i wont get the full 30Mb due to old wiring But that up from 10, at a low increase as Seven pounds per bill is great.

Great Result. Thanks.

thenry
15-08-2011, 23:23
what do you mean by old wiring?

ocoromon
15-08-2011, 23:36
That is just the old as hell itself wiring that leads from my house to the boxes outside.

thenry
15-08-2011, 23:44
unless its cut up and completely knackered I doubt you'll have any issues. If it is incredibly bad then you might want to speak to VM again but even without seeing it I don't think its that bad and you should get what you pay for, do a speedtest and post it alongside your connection stats when you get it. Don't get too stressed out if it plays up, be patient a new firmware should be released soon.

ocoromon
15-08-2011, 23:49
My Hub arrives this Wednesday,:D:D ill post it up then.

Nopanic
16-08-2011, 06:58
yeah, the coax isn't going to be an issue, its not as old as the rest of the network and that copes ..

ish ..

Now, i recently had a nice chat with a salesman at Virgin, who informs me that this sittuation is rather bizare. as i need an active Landline for my Cable BB, I know this to be false because of my experiance on networks, and the fact that i have already stated, i dont have one.

Love this, my networking knowledge told me this is false LOL ..

ocoromon
17-08-2011, 09:33
Here we are, finaly up and running.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1436659532.png

thenry
17-08-2011, 16:38
good stuff welcome to the club :D