PDA

View Full Version : 50M Spotify Offer

buckleb
08-08-2011, 14:20
I haven't seen this anywhere else, and although I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the VM services section (it does refer to the 50MB service though...).

===============================================
We want to say a big, loud thank you for being a valued 50Mb customer by giving you Spotify Premium free for 3 months when you sign up to our super fast up to 50Mb broadband for another 12 months.

Imagine having access to over 13 million music tracks and albums with no interruptions - for free. Cool or what?

With Spotify Premium you can search for any song or album you like and then play it straightaway without having to download it. And even better, because you don't have to listen to any adverts, you can just enjoy getting lost in the music.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing-customers/spotify1.html

The link then goes on to say that after the 3 months are up users will be automatically put onto the Spotify Free offering, which has some restrictions.

I currently use Grooveshark, but this might tempt me. I just need to find out more about the offline mode.

denphone
08-08-2011, 14:23
I haven't seen this anywhere else, and although I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the VM services section (it does refer to the 50MB service though...).

We want to say a big, loud thank you for being a valued 50Mb customer by giving you Spotify Premium free for 3 months when you sign up to our super fast up to 50Mb broadband for another 12 months.

Imagine having access to over 13 million music tracks and albums with no interruptions - for free. Cool or what?

With Spotify Premium you can search for any song or album you like and then play it straightaway without having to download it. And even better, because you don't have to listen to any adverts, you can just enjoy getting lost in the music.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing-customers/spotify1.html

The link then goes on to say that after the 3 months are up users will be automatically put onto the Spotify Free offering, which has some restrictions.

I currently use Grooveshark, but this might tempt me. I just need to find out more about the offline mode.

Yes very interesting but l shall wait until Virgin launch their new special deal in a few months for tivo subscribers.

Nopanic
08-08-2011, 18:12
Spotify isn't live yet .. but looks good, a load of extra's too :)

spunkyfcuk
11-08-2011, 22:34
Signed up yesterday after getting the email only to since find out there are two other offers for 6 months and 12 months free both advising that you are on 50mb and sig up for another year.
Just sent a complaint email unhappy at the 3 month offer and why was 6 or 12 not offered!
Grrr

(sorry for the 1st post rant)

A

denphone
12-08-2011, 05:46
Spotify isn't live yet .. but looks good, a load of extra's too :)

How long before it arrives for us customers.

Nopanic
12-08-2011, 07:59
Not sure .. not set date yet as far as I can tell ..

KenK
12-08-2011, 21:27
What. In fact, Zzzzzzzz. And it's not "for free", it's "included in the price".
And even better, because you don't have to listen to any adverts, you can just enjoy getting lost in the music.
Would someone like to make this point to the people running "Music On Demand" on the TV service? VM can't have it both ways - either adverts are a good thing, or they're evil; changing your mind across different services is not on.

Nopanic
12-08-2011, 23:19
It doesn't say adverts are bad, it just says its better without them .. which it is .. but if you want the top content, you either pay the extra or have the adverts ..

RB2004
13-08-2011, 15:15
When u receive the URL, check the end of it.... spotify1 is 3 months spotify2 is 6 months, and spotify 3 is 12 months

Stuart
13-08-2011, 15:43
What. In fact, Zzzzzzzz. And it's not "for free", it's "included in the price".

OK. Beyond signing up for another 12 months, does it cost any more? If no, then you are nitpicking..

Would someone like to make this point to the people running "Music On Demand" on the TV service? VM can't have it both ways - either adverts are a good thing, or they're evil; changing your mind across different services is not on.

Maybe I could point out to you that Spotify is not VM. They get the money from any ads on their service. VM don't.

jb66
13-08-2011, 15:57
I got spotify on free trial and its really good on the iphone

v0id
13-08-2011, 17:19
I'm more than happy with 6 months of unlimited listening with adverts, then a 30 day free trial of premium.
Rinse repeat with a new account ;)

Nopanic
13-08-2011, 21:27
I use it myself and its great ..

ferretuk
13-08-2011, 23:38
When u receive the URL, check the end of it.... spotify1 is 3 months spotify2 is 6 months, and spotify 3 is 12 months

1 & 2 is for Spotify Premium, 3 is for Spotify Unlimited

Virgin misquote the price for Unlimited as normally £9.99/month in the main text but correctly show it as £4.99/month in the smallprint.

Nopanic
14-08-2011, 08:44
It is normally 9.99 with mobile .. which to be honest is a little bit of a rip ..

PsyCrow
14-08-2011, 17:35
It is normally 9.99 with mobile .. which to be honest is a little bit of a rip ..

Depends on how much it gets used. I have premium and it gets used on 2 phones and 1 iPod regularly.

Has anyone tried getting any of the offers even if they didn't get an email?

Welshchris
15-08-2011, 00:09
i have signed up and recieved this so far..

Hi there,

Thanks for your order received on 14 August 2011.

We're on the case and a member of our team will get back to you as
quickly as possible.

Don't forget - if there's anything else you'd like to know, just log on
to our website. It's at www.virginmedia.com

Kind regards,

The team at Virgin Media

fr45er
15-08-2011, 11:50
Has anyone who already subscribes to spotify premium directly tried to apply for this? Would I be able to transfer my existing spotify account to this offer?

scaseman
15-08-2011, 14:10
I got the twelve month offer. As its free I thought why not. If I use it a lot I may just pay £4.99 a month at the end of the offer.

pythagoras
15-08-2011, 17:46
I received my code and I'm now up and running with my 6 month premium spotify account.

regards

John

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Has anyone who already subscribes to spotify premium directly tried to apply for this? Would I be able to transfer my existing spotify account to this offer?

Your payments are suspended automatically once you enter the code from VM.

Regards

John.

vinnyutd6899
15-08-2011, 18:13
received my 12 month code today and its for PREMIUM(£9.99) not unlimited(£4.99) so even better!

scaseman
15-08-2011, 23:24
Does anyone know if the code can be used on more than one PC.

fr45er
16-08-2011, 11:29
Thanks, applied for mine now.

I received my code and I'm now up and running with my 6 month premium spotify account.

regards

John

Regards

John.

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Tha code will be for your spotify account, I use mine on a couple of PCs, an ipod touch and my android phone.

Does anyone know if the code can be used on more than one PC.

Welshchris
16-08-2011, 20:27
ive had my 12 month code. Does the code also include downloading of tracks?

knack
16-08-2011, 20:33

regards

John

Regards

John.

I was just billed today for the next month of service. Do you know when the code is valid until? Thanks

Welshchris
16-08-2011, 20:48
mine is valid until August 2012 according to my account online

fr45er
17-08-2011, 10:13
Anyone know how long its taking for the codes to come through?

Welshchris
17-08-2011, 11:17
2-3 days usually

Welshchris
17-08-2011, 16:43
Does the Premium account also cover all downloads of music to?

Mad Bee
15-09-2011, 11:59
Activated my code yesterday.

I've had a basic account for ages but the premium one is pretty decent. Might need to buy a bigger SD card for my Desire S!!

bbxxl
28-09-2011, 21:01
I have 100Mb and have not received this offer - the link in the OP doesn't work (at least for me!) I have just heard of the virgin / spotify tie up and am trying to find out more - how come I never received an email? Is it limited to only certain customers?

adzii_nufc
28-09-2011, 21:59
I have 100Mb and have not received this offer - the link in the OP doesn't work (at least for me!) I have just heard of the virgin / spotify tie up and am trying to find out more - how come I never received an email? Is it limited to only certain customers?

The Offer ended on the 31st of August hence why the link is down. :)

bbxxl
28-09-2011, 23:22
The Offer ended on the 31st of August hence why the link is down. :)

So why wasn't it released to me?

adzii_nufc
28-09-2011, 23:27
So why wasn't it released to me?

I didn't receive an email either which is currently in argument in several places as to whether Virgin were trying to keep as minimal sign ups as possible because like many others I failed to find it advertised before the 31st August on the Virgin Media website.

You're not the first to say they were unable to take up the offer. I never got the original email either...but I did get the free Spotify account, albeit a few weeks after I made the post.
I find it strange that the deal was done and then...silence. No doubt it will be promoted as some point, but I've not seen anything anywhere promoting the service aside from what I've posted already on the blog
http://vmhd.blogspot.com/2011/09/playing-with-virgin-medias-spotify.html