PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Connection Problems and 50 MB - Scared

darksun
08-08-2011, 12:20
Hi All,

This is my first post here. I am following this site for a while, lovely place for lots of info, thanks for it...

I kept having the Intermittent Internet Connection problems for the last 3.5 weeks maybe more. They couldn't sort it out. Cutting the long story short, in the end they even sent an updated VMDG280 box and it was the same. I was leaving the services although I was very happy before but since it's so unreliable I can't work. I'm doing mentoring over internet for animation and the service is so rubbish recently my q&a sessions were frozen and I had to connect my laptop via 3g from my htc phone by using it as a modem!

They offered me a bit of compensation like 5 quid a free modem for 50mb. But I'm very scared that that router has issues too. The new R29 you're talking about is the new firmware I believe, is it better? Is 50MB good? You guys having any big issues with it? like disruptions...etc

Thanks for answers,

Arslan

Stephen
08-08-2011, 12:29
The Superhub is a mixed bag for a lot of people. There are many like myself that have a totally stable connection and no problems at all, but there are a few that have some issues with it connecting via WiFi and some other problems.

R29 will enable the Superhub to run as a modem only and let you use your own router which some people have been looking for since the SuperHub got released.

I have a superb 50Mb connection and no issues at all.

oh and :welcome: :)

Fspiders
08-08-2011, 13:49
LOL @ "few"

Well as I was one of the "few" and am now running the R29 I can say that it's solved all my issues on 50mb BB and I'm really happy with it. 5 days and not a single re-boot or lock-up compared to the R26 that needed re-booting every 15 minutes.

Peter_
08-08-2011, 13:56
I am on 30Mb via a Superhub and since install in February mine has never dropped a connection and prior to getting the R29 firmware last week as a Beta tester my Superhub had been online for over 80 days.

Speedtest below.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/08/108.png

darksun
08-08-2011, 20:05
Hi Stephen, thanks for warm welcome :)

Waow so many different experiences with this superhub, I'll definetely update you...

Thanks a lot!

jb66
08-08-2011, 22:00
LOL @ "few"

Well as I was one of the "few" and am now running the R29 I can say that it's solved all my issues on 50mb BB and I'm really happy with it. 5 days and not a single re-boot or lock-up compared to the R26 that needed re-booting every 15 minutes.

Is that because your using the hub as a modem?

Fspiders
09-08-2011, 00:06
No I've tested it as a router running wired and wifi on 2.4ghz and 5ghz and I've tested it just as a modem. Tested it on torrent and steam with large DL via network on wired and wifi. I can run youtube 1080p videos with no lag on a wifi laptop via the hub.

I've only found one problem and that is a when you change modes either modem to router or 2.4 to 5 the auto channel locks up and wifi will not connect unless you put in a manual channel.

I really think R29 will fix many of the problems the "few" are having. Just to add that when the hub (R26) was in modem mode (dmz) I had no problems at all my problems were only active when wifi was switched on, that's now cured :)

jb66
09-08-2011, 07:15
Fantasitc news, this will be a relief

Mick Fisher
09-08-2011, 09:09
Fantasitc news, this will be a relief
Ditto that!!!!