PDA

View Full Version : chat

markie1966
07-08-2011, 17:18
anyone having problems using chat sites at all??

only asking cos as from friday i cant log into the chat site i use

was using chrome so i thought it might be that....tried IE8 still the same...then tried firefox...still the same

on all 3 i put in my username and password and the screen starts to load the home screen but just stops....getting really peed off now

surely chat sites arent being sanctioned as p2p by VM? or are they?

btw i know theres nothing wrong with the chat site cos i can log in by mobile

Grumpywurzel
07-08-2011, 17:27
Not sure if its related to this mate......
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33680209-online-gaming-probs.html

Might be talking out of my rear end though.

Nopanic
07-08-2011, 22:49
Even if VM were throttling them, they would load. I'm assuming they are Java based, so would suggest you look at re-installing Java on your PC as the first point of call.

That or you've been banned for pretending to be a 25 year old Canadian women again ..

(jk, (I hope)) :)

qasdfdsaq
07-08-2011, 22:54
What chat sites?

markie1966
07-08-2011, 23:08
Even if VM were throttling them, they would load. I'm assuming they are Java based, so would suggest you look at re-installing Java on your PC as the first point of call.

That or you've been banned for pretending to be a 25 year old Canadian women again ..

(jk, (I hope)) :)

ah crap....my secrets out lol

yeah i think it was java at fault.....i uninstalled it and hey it let me into chat

funny thing is....i didnt reinstall it...im surprised i got back in !!

Nopanic
08-08-2011, 06:51
I'm good me ..

markie1966
11-08-2011, 19:56
damn thing is still happening....and i think its virgin thats doing it

i used windows xp to try and get into chat....same thing

i used windows 7 ...same thing

i tried my partners laptop on the network....same thing

but when i tried a friends connection on sky broadband...it loaded no problem!!

first i couldnt play games online because of lag....now i cant get into chat rooms...wtf virgin??

seriously thinking of going to bt infinity when its available in october

dave6x
11-08-2011, 20:56
I've been having similar problems with a number of sites including chat and also YouTube is virtually unusable in the evening with stalls and buffering, but had put that down to the deteriorating service I have been receiving on VM 10Mb over the last 2 years, prior to that I was a real NTL/VM fanboy due to the excellent connection and service.

I too have been thinking about jumping ship to BT Infinity, my next door neighbour has Infinity Option 1 and gets a pretty consistent 30Mb down and 2Mb up for £18/mth albeit with a download limit of 40GB and everything flies with none of the issues I am getting with VM.

markie1966
11-08-2011, 21:39
yeah ive noticed youtube getting buffered a lot too lately

in fact my mobile phone has no buffers at all on youtube...even on high quality settings

this r29 update better fix things :mad::mad::mad: