PDA

View Full Version : 50M Keep Losing Internet Connectivity

crazyronnie
07-08-2011, 10:36
The modem has lost connection to the internet a few times today. VM service status page says that my area is ok. I've attached screen shots of the upstream and downstream modem config page.

Peter_
07-08-2011, 11:30
Your power levels are perfect so are you connected via a router if so try a direct connection.

crazyronnie
07-08-2011, 13:08
All seems to be working again at the moment. If it happens again then I'll try connecting directly to the modem. Should i be concerned about the T3 timeouts?

scunni
07-08-2011, 13:55
Mine has been up and down since mid-yesterday, as has my tivo - although more down than up. It did come back up last night after 10pm but all was down again this morning. Have just returned home from usual Sunday shopping, a quick modem and router reboot and all appears ok again now. The automated service status message via telephone did identify a 'problem' in my area, but the VM status page is just a waste of time - continually tells me service is 'excellent'.

Peter_
07-08-2011, 15:03
All seems to be working again at the moment. If it happens again then I'll try connecting directly to the modem. Should i be concerned about the T3 timeouts?
I missed the 1000 T3 timeouts when did you last reboot the modem as that would give an indication the may be an issue, if unsure reboot it and see how quickly the T3's rise as you may have a fault with the modem.

Now be aware that the replacement will be a Superhub if that is the case.

New to cable
07-08-2011, 16:33
I missed the 1000 T3 timeouts when did you last reboot the modem as that would give an indication the may be an issue, if unsure reboot it and see how quickly the T3's rise as you may have a fault with the modem.

Good advice there masque,

1000 t3 times outs plus a lot of disconnects might indicate and issue:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

1000 t3 times outs plus a lot of disconnects might indicate an issue:rolleyes:

crazyronnie
07-08-2011, 17:06
I restarted it last night about 1ish when the internet went out on me but didn't come back anytime soon so i just went to bed. When woke up this morning and checked the config page it had about 900 timeouts and was working fine, then it went out again and came back. Checked again and it had 969 timeouts. Went out one more time with a total of 1000 time outs. Then i got on the forum with the screen shots. I since then have rebooted the modem and have 6 T3 timeouts.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

As for the replacement modem being a super hub i suppose that doesn't really matter as long as the internet works. Do you know if there's anymore room for an additional beta tester so i can maybe use the super hub in modem only mode?

Peter_
07-08-2011, 17:32
I restarted it last night about 1ish when the internet went out on me but didn't come back anytime soon so i just went to bed. When woke up this morning and checked the config page it had about 900 timeouts and was working fine, then it went out again and came back. Checked again and it had 969 timeouts. Went out one more time with a total of 1000 time outs. Then i got on the forum with the screen shots. I since then have rebooted the modem and have 6 T3 timeouts.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

As for the replacement modem being a super hub i suppose that doesn't really matter as long as the internet works. Do you know if there's anymore room for an additional beta tester so i can maybe use the super hub in modem only mode?
You will need to call technical support to get this sorted out the 50Mb team is available on 0800 952 0431 and you may be best calling in tomorrow from 8am to get a UK agent.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

1000 t3 times outs plus a lot of disconnects might indicate and issue:rolleyes:

I admitted my error plus I actually know what is happening with the modem unlike you who does not have a clue.

crazyronnie
07-08-2011, 17:34
Thank's Masque

New to cable
07-08-2011, 17:41
You will need to call technical support to get this sorted out the 50Mb team is available on 0800 952 0431 and you may be best calling in tomorrow from 8am to get a UK agent.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

I admitted my error plus I actually know what is happening with the modem unlike you who does not have a clue.

OH ok,

I just thought t3's were due to the modem not receiving a response from the CMTS within a certain time limit. Obviously I'm very wrong.

Peter_
07-08-2011, 18:09
OH ok,

I just thought t3's were due to the modem not receiving a response from the CMTS within a certain time limit. Obviously I'm very wrong.
So you have listened to the agent while on the phone, nice one.

New to cable
07-08-2011, 18:13
So you have listened to the agent while on the phone, nice one.

Or I know a little bit about Hybrid Fibre Coax networks ? Maybe even more than you,,,who knows eh...

Peter_
07-08-2011, 18:45
Or I know a little bit about Hybrid Fibre Coax networks ? Maybe even more than you,,,who knows eh...
or cares.:rolleyes:

qasdfdsaq
07-08-2011, 22:55
I care.

Peter_
08-08-2011, 05:36
I care.
About New To Cable which is what my post was about.:D

crazyronnie
09-08-2011, 13:14
I don't think its down to the modem. I lost my internet connection this morning but also found that my STB lost its data connection to. I noticed the data light on my STB flashing during the time my BB went down. When the STB data came back on and was solid i checked my BB and it was working. Perhaps there's something up with the network in my area.

Albie
09-08-2011, 14:04
My 10MB is going off and on too. :sleep:

Peter_
09-08-2011, 14:26
My 10MB is going off and on too. :sleep:
standard modem

Please post the modem model and the Upstream and Downstream stats from your modem just click http://192.168.100.1/CmOpConfig.asp or if that does not work click http://192.168.100.1/

----------------------------------------------------
Superhub

Please post the Upstream and Downstream stats from your modem just click http://192.168.100.1/ the username is admin and the password is changeme, then click on the small red writing that says advanced settings then look down the left hand side and under Maintenance click on connection and copy and post the details from there.