PDA

View Full Version : Online Gaming Probs

Grumpywurzel
06-08-2011, 18:00
First of all sorry if this is the wrong section, many of us over on the Battlestar Galactica Online game have had problems with connection to the game servers. http://en.board.bigpoint.com/bgo/showthread.php?t=363600 I have phoned virgin and wish i had never bothered tbh.

Just wondered if anyone could help

Cheers

Garry

Deathmaker
06-08-2011, 19:58
It's not just your game mate, World of Tanks has become an issue over night to any one on VM. Connecting to their forums are spotty at best resulting in pages mostly timing out or less often connecting & loading instantly (which is the norm). Connecting to the game server is now impossible, though, there have been warning signs over the last week with massive lag spikes and huge PL.

There's a couple of threads here (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/49964-unable-to-connect-issue-resolved/) and here (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/49904-cant-play-updater-not-working/) (if you can actually view them) where the common denominator is VM.

Efour
07-08-2011, 01:33
Lots about this on the official Forums.. I have odd routing to germany, i play a game called APB hosted there. A freind also oN Vm has a very good path to the servers but me in E.London i get bounced all over the place before endign up in Germany.. Makes no sense.

Skie
07-08-2011, 13:44
But I thought VM were the self proclaimed best ISP for gaming!

qasdfdsaq
07-08-2011, 14:20
Doesn't make it true. They're the worst.

cupcakes aka dd
07-08-2011, 14:45
So what exactly is the problem with VM's broadband that is affecting so many peoples gaming experience? I get connection problems occasionally and get kicked from a game. Most frustrating.

Grumpywurzel
07-08-2011, 17:04
I've phoned up tech support and they said there is nothing wrong with VM it must be my system, seems to me that a lot of people's PC's have just thrown their toys out of the pram all of a sudden.............

Skie
07-08-2011, 17:36
So what exactly is the problem with VM's broadband that is affecting so many peoples gaming experience? I get connection problems occasionally and get kicked from a game. Most frustrating.

A multitude of things.

Their network has Jitter and packetloss, which makes the experience poor.

Then add in the traffic shaping they do which they are completely silent about and will claim that it dosent target games. But past experience is that they use a white-list system so they basically target everything they dont say is ok and as we all know they aren't particularly on the ball with things that make us happy :)

dave.m
09-08-2011, 13:56
It's not just your game mate, World of Tanks has become an issue over night to any one on VM. Connecting to their forums are spotty at best resulting in pages mostly timing out or less often connecting & loading instantly (which is the norm). Connecting to the game server is now impossible, though, there have been warning signs over the last week with massive lag spikes and huge PL.

I'm glad to see it wasn't just me then. Thanks for posting :)