PDA

View Full Version : Superhub WRT54G/Draytek 2700 ADSL+ attached to Superhub

sponger
05-08-2011, 08:58
Hi everyone,

I upgraded from 20mb to 30mb. Hadn't been told VM would scrap the modem. I have the Supehub now but, with a problem. I want to use my old WRT54g Tomato Router or my Draytek VG 2700 ADSL+.

Help:

I prefer the Draytek one because I use VOIP/VPN/QOS and a bunch of other stuff. I managed to push the traffic through the Hub to the Draytek but connection failed after 2 minutes. Maybe because of the MAC clone or PPPoA/E.

Has anyone managed to get another router working off the Hub? Any of the above two will work for me. Any instructions out there? Even vague ones.

Thanks

kwikbreaks
05-08-2011, 09:21
Modem mode is not long away now but if you search you'll find plenty of info on using your own router without that.

You won't get an ADSL router working with it other than as an extension to the switch + maybe an extra WiFi AP.

sponger
05-08-2011, 11:42
Modem mode? With a firmware update I presume.

Can't I just pass the traffic through to the Draytek/WRT54GL router?

Thanks for the reply

MovedGoalPosts
05-08-2011, 12:26
In it's current form the Superhub is doing the job of the router. Unless you can turn that router off to make the superhub behave as a modem, you will have to do a lot of fiddling with the settings in your own router, to get that to forward all traffic into the superhub's network. Getting that to work well is a challenge which explains the numerous posts on this forum about modem mode superhub.