PDA

View Full Version : Like to upgrade

pk1
04-08-2011, 23:40
Hi, could someone clear this up for me please.

I currently have 10mb broadband, Tivo, tv xl and phone l with caller display and would like to upgrade to 30mb, but Virgin's current offers are confusing me.

On my bill i am being charged £26 for broadband and i get a Phone, TV, Broadband Discount of £14.

Exsiting customer upgrade
If you upgrade from up to 10Mb to up to 30Mb broadband then we’ll give you the first 3 months at no extra monthly cost, with just a one-off payment of £30. If you have a Virgin phone line it’s just £18.50 a month after that.

By the looks of this i am being overcharged.

RobboEdin
05-08-2011, 11:44
No you're not. You just haven't had the Virgin Media pricing confusion explained to you.

Let's look at your current pricing. You have a discount of £14. The discount is always apportioned as follows:

1. £1.50 towards TV XL, reducing the billed £26 to the quoted £24.50;
2. The rest of the discount, in your case £12.50 is apportioned to the BB. This reduces your 'price' for BB L to £13.50 which is what is quoted here:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-10mb.html

The £18.50 price for BB XL is quoted here:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-30mb.html

and it is a discounted price.

Your bill will increase by £5 per month after the three month period of no increase.

Hope this helps.

PS You will be billed £37 for BB XL but the discount will increase by £6 to £20 to compensate and give you the correct quoted price.

pk1
05-08-2011, 12:05
Great thanks for that Robbo. It's a lot clearer now, off to upgrade i go.

adzii_nufc
05-08-2011, 12:27
Does that £30 include installation

If not they often say it will also be £40 for installation but I find it easy to get that knocked off completely.

Upgrading will also tie you to a new 12 month contract and unless you already have one they will send an engineer out to fit a SuperHub. Which now can be avoided by saying you want to keep your current modem - router config.

jb66
05-08-2011, 12:29
Might as well upgrade your phone to xl too for like £1 more

pk1
05-08-2011, 12:41
Does that £30 include installation

If not they often say it will also be £40 for installation but I find it easy to get that knocked off completely.

Upgrading will also tie you to a new 12 month contract and unless you already have one they will send an engineer out to fit a SuperHub. Which now can be avoided by saying you want to keep your current modem - router config.

It's a self install no install charge, Super Hub delivered by courrier,happy to sign new 12 month contract only would get 2m speed from others.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Might as well upgrade your phone to xl too for like £1 more

I only pay £4 a month for L phone accoring to website XL is £8 a month which would be a £4 increase.