PDA

View Full Version : Brighton Area Problems

db133
04-08-2011, 15:25
I understand tha VM have problems in the Brighton Sussex Area.

Reported a very slow/hanging problem early in the week. I understand the problem was found and solved. Two days later the problem returned.

Reported it again as requested. The problem is confirmed again. Again I'm told to wait 24 hours and to call back if it continues.

What do you think it is......?

General Maximus
04-08-2011, 18:21
noise on the network?

db133
04-08-2011, 19:22
SNR ?

Are they going to fix it or do I need to change ISP ?

Regards

vmfriend
04-08-2011, 19:26
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33679896-article-about-virgin-media-broadband-brighton.html

db133
07-08-2011, 08:01
Hi

Now the tv has problems.

VM not doing so good in the Brighton area.

What do you think ?

General Maximus
07-08-2011, 09:10
https://my.virginmedia.com/service-status/details

does it come up with anything if you whack your postcode in here?

db133
07-08-2011, 09:33
https://my.virginmedia.com/service-status/details

does it come up with anything if you whack your postcode in here?

Hi

Just reported another problem (no bbc or eratic etc etc )with VM cable TV. Posted post in tv section. But that has now been closed "Please do not post duplicate threads about the same issue. "

Please note its not the same issue is it ? One is tv the other is internet. I thought best to put the two issues in the correct sections on the forum............!

Now they want to change the box on tuesday no charge unless we are out then its a £10.00 !

Tried the above status service and that informs TV/Internet/Phone services all ok. No surprise there then !

Maggy
07-08-2011, 12:35
Hi

Just reported another problem (no bbc or eratic etc etc )with VM cable TV. Posted post in tv section. But that has now been closed "Please do not post duplicate threads about the same issue. "

Please note its not the same issue is it ? One is tv the other is internet. I thought best to put the two issues in the correct sections on the forum............!

Now they want to change the box on tuesday no charge unless we are out then its a £10.00 !

Tried the above status service and that informs TV/Internet/Phone services all ok. No surprise there then !

There was no need to post about both issues in separate threads.;)

You need to check the local status in your area by phoning 0800 561 006 choosing the internet and tv options.If there no recorded message about your post code area for either service then you need to REPORT it via 150 on a VM phone or 0845 454 1111 from another phone.It may just be particular to you.

db133
07-08-2011, 15:37
Ok point taken, thanks for your attention.

Regards.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

TV's just been sorted (sorry this is in the wrong section ! :-)

Will they still be round to change the box ?

General Maximus
07-08-2011, 16:42
shouldnt be

db133
08-08-2011, 21:14
Update:

TV ok now. Internet ok now.

Had a call to remind me the engineer was coming round Tuesday and if we/I were not in or if they did not find anything wrong it was going to cost £10.00.

Strange as I had previously informed the problem was not with us. So I had to cancel did I not ?

Whats the point of having a Status system if its not updated and accurate?

Why cant VM just be honest and state the situation in the Brighton Area ?

Why do I get VM junk mail to new customers at better prices than existing customers have to pay ?

Kind regards

db133
09-08-2011, 10:30
Update:

Sorry to inform back where I started with the slow/hanging internet.

Round and round we go............

Maggy
09-08-2011, 10:32
Update:

Sorry to inform back where I started with the slow/hanging internet.

Round and round we go............

That maybe down to local issues.My service is slowing at the moment but it is school holidays and only to be expected..more kids playing online games for longer in the day.;)

db133
09-08-2011, 11:38
Yes its like going back to Dial Up.

Must be rather embarrassing for VM considering how much money they spend on fast Broadband adverts etc.

db133
11-08-2011, 13:14
Sorry to inform today 11.08.11 the service today is bad to unusable.

Makes you wonder what we are paying for does it not.

Maggy
11-08-2011, 16:37
Sorry to inform today 11.08.11 the service today is bad to unusable.

Makes you wonder what we are paying for does it not.

Have you checked the status line?

db133
11-08-2011, 17:42
I know its bad again, nice to know the if status has now been updated !

Why do we have to wait until September for it to be sorted ?

Kind regards.

Maggy
11-08-2011, 19:16
I know its bad again, nice to know the if status has now been updated !

Why do we have to wait until September for it to be sorted ?

Kind regards.

A new term starts?:erm:

thedelboy
16-08-2011, 10:23
I have been with Virgin since it was Cable and wirless then Ntl now Virgin !!
before we had great service but now unless you go to cancellations you get no-where !I am lucky if I get 154kbps at the moment this has been intermittant for well over six months, at least now we know that everthing will be fixed by 7th september ! I am still not happy with that ! but what can you do?

thedelboy
25-08-2011, 11:02
Its funny no reply from Cable team!! they have known of the problem in the Brighton area for ages !!!!!:shocked:

db133
05-09-2011, 12:05
Well we have put up with a crap service that VM are fully aware of.

We have all patiently waited until September for the promised improvements and yet still we wait………….

Any contact from VM to keep us updated with the situation….. NO!

Any contact from VM on how they intend to compensate us for the poor service they have provided….NO !

Do VM have any respect for their customers…..NO……………

thedelboy
05-09-2011, 17:37
according to the Cancellation team they will compensate when all is up and running !!

db133
06-09-2011, 09:14
according to the Cancellation team they will compensate when all is up and running !!

Now we all find that comforting dont we ?

Can anyone at VM give us a clue as to whats going on ?

horseman
06-09-2011, 11:03
Now we all find that comforting dont we ?

Can anyone at VM give us a clue as to whats going on ?

fwiw it appears a CM migration occurred on/around 30/8 for some brig16 subscribers who were moved to brig15.
Have you checked if your IP/CMTS has changed?
> Connection (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/misc.php?do=connection)

thedelboy
06-09-2011, 11:54
VM have had problems in the Brighton area for at least 2 years !! not only with the net but also with thier billing (last 3 months I have been billed for calls not made from my landline! it has now been sorted !!)

db133
06-09-2011, 12:06
fwiw it appears a CM migration occurred on/around 30/8 for some brig16 subscribers who were moved to brig15.
Have you checked if your IP/CMTS has changed?
> Connection (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/misc.php?do=connection)

No.

I dont know how to check if CMTS (what ever that is ) has changed.

What I do know is it now takes 3.15 minutes to change a page on Ebay.

horseman
06-09-2011, 16:32
No.

I dont know how to check if CMTS (what ever that is ) has changed.

What I do know is it now takes 3.15 minutes to change a page on Ebay.

Some further elaboration provided on your thread here >Brighton Area Problems (http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Brighton-Area-Problems/td-p/704689/jump-to/first-unread-message)

thedelboy
23-09-2011, 12:21
My BB does not work at all now and Virgin have said basically tough wait till 8th/16th November !I contacted ofcom some time ago and they told me to contact them if the problem was not sorted out on the 7th september as Promised I am now using my phones wifi (Unlimited from "3" network and it is fast compared with what I was getting from Virgin) I do hope Virgin Realise the fines they will rack up for not only getting paid for a non existant Service but also the lack of customer care!!!!! anyone else suffering at the hands of Virgin Please contact ofcom the more that do the better for us the Customer !!!
for too long Virgin have taken the P lets teach them "The Customer is always Right";)

db133
10-10-2011, 13:47
Back to square one with the slow/hanging fault reported.

Fix due today.....................