PDA

View Full Version : The Virgin Digital Help Team

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
26-07-2011, 17:25
I've just received a slick email from "The Virgin Digital Help Team". I was going to ask if anyone has any experience of this team when I noticed the "How we charge" menu. They'll charge £15 for a fix which, hopefully, Virgin will fix for free (or, at least, included in the charges which we all pay). Hopefully no one has used or paid them...

Kymmy
26-07-2011, 17:28
Moved to the correct forum..

Isn't the Digital Help team related to computer issues and not their own equipment..

I.e.. getting a PC to connect to the hub instead of getting the hub to connect to their network

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
26-07-2011, 19:08
OK - I've got over my knee jerk shock reaction. They offer a range of services stating that they offer "independent expert help". What confused me is that they have assumed Virgin branding and website colours. They state, in small print, that they "are not affiliated to any third part suppliers or manufacturers" - except AVG. I have AVG antivirus and have some memory of subscribing to something - which indicates that I should follow the unsubscribe option.

Nopanic
26-07-2011, 19:21
er.. who are they ?

Never heard of them and that's not the Virgin Media logo .. seems to be something outside the BBI world made by Virgin ..

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
26-07-2011, 20:22
It is a very similar logo. If you've been to their website and seen their logo I expect you have an idea of who they are

Nopanic
26-07-2011, 21:02
It is a very similar logo. If you've been to their website and seen their logo I expect you have an idea of who they are

Well, I do now, I didn't when I posted above ..

They are completely separate to Virgin Media .. its just a tech support company under the Virgin (not Virgin Media) name .

Similar ?

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
26-07-2011, 21:42
I don't know how this works but I have uploaded an attachment. Similar indeed...

Nopanic
26-07-2011, 23:15
the word Virgin is the same because they belong to the same group, but each is a separate company ..

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
27-07-2011, 02:51
I thought the style and colour were similar enough to confuse some people

Nopanic
27-07-2011, 06:29
confuse?

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
27-07-2011, 07:37
cause them to believe that they are dealing with virgin media

Nopanic
27-07-2011, 07:42
cause them to believe that they are dealing with virgin media

We're going round in circles here.. it doesn't say anything about Virgin Media .. just says Virgin customers.. as in one of the many, many, many Virgin companies..

There's nothing to be confused about, Virgin and Virgin Media hold the same group name, although they are different companies, just like Virgin trains ..

It's just a PC support line owned by Virgin and if people trust the Virgin name, which I believe many do (quite rightly) then hopefully it will be a success and help loads of people ..

Peter_
28-07-2011, 16:50
I don't know how this works but I have uploaded an attachment. Similar indeed...
Do all these Virgin logos (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&cp=12&gs_id=1b&xhr=t&q=virgin+logos&pq=virgin+logos&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1262&bih=815&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi) confuse you and make you think that you may get support for your broadband from Virgin Atlantic or Virgin trains or any of the other companies who all use the Virgin logo.:rolleyes::D

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
28-07-2011, 17:04
Masque (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/members/56146.html) - I was going to leave it there as I wondered if Nopanic had a point but (I didn't see much point in perpetuating the exchange as Nopanic pointed out we are going round in circles) if I received emails from Virgin Transport Help I suppose I might have thought that the email originated from Virgin Transport

BenMcr
28-07-2011, 17:13
Of course the slight complication is that there is Virgin Digital Help - which is seperate to Virgin Media and what we are talking about here

and then Virgin Media Digital Home Support - which is for VM customers only

Both basically do the same type of thing