PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Connect hub to another computer

trublue
25-07-2011, 21:44
I will be reformatting a friends computer and re-installing all the Microsoft updates plus some other software off the internet. So I was wondering what will happen when I connect the superhub to his computer?Will it go through the same process that it took me through when I first connected?

jb66
25-07-2011, 21:51
Nope it will just work, it only does the registration page for new broadband customers

trublue
25-07-2011, 21:57
Thanks a lot jb66

1 time only
27-07-2011, 06:28
You'll need to reboot the hub though as the mac address of the network card will be different and the hub will have to make internal changes for this to happen :)

Plug into pc, reboot hub then reboot pc and all done...

Nopanic
27-07-2011, 06:40
You'll need to reboot the hub though as the mac address of the network card will be different and the hub will have to make internal changes for this to happen :)

Not for the hub you don't, it's a router.

zid
27-07-2011, 06:40

His MAC address is very unlikely to change unless he replaces the network adapter.

kwikbreaks
27-07-2011, 09:34
His MAC address is very unlikely to change unless he replaces the network adapter.With the Superhub his PC MAC is irrelevant. Even with a modem only the router MAC is of any significance.

Nopanic
27-07-2011, 23:26
With the Superhub his PC MAC is irrelevant. Even with a modem only the router MAC is of any significance.

unless they don't have a router ..

kwikbreaks
28-07-2011, 06:14
obviously

1 time only
28-07-2011, 06:22
His MAC address is very unlikely to change unless he replaces the network adapter.

Different pc = Different nic card so the mac will be different :)

@Nopanic Good point my man.. I don't use a hub so I forgot it was a router :rolleyes:

kwikbreaks
28-07-2011, 07:37
It isn't a different computer or NIC though.

I will be reformatting a friends computer and re-installing all the Microsoft updates plus some other software off the internet

1 time only
29-07-2011, 16:51
It sounds from the post that it's his hub and he'll be connecting his friends pc to it after working on it though...

Anyway, this is moot really as it won't matter due to the router side of it :)

kwikbreaks
30-07-2011, 07:01
On re-reading it think you're correct about it being different or at least additional PC connecting to his hub.

Dai
30-07-2011, 07:48
The hub *is* a router, so any additional pc connected should just work.

That is of course assuming the visiting pc is set to obtain IP and DNS addresses automatically. If it's set on fixed addresses it may fail until settings are amended.