PDA

View Full Version : Usenet blocked ?

mutha
22-07-2011, 16:58
Hi there

Have any of you heard of or experienced your usenet access being blocked completely ?

For a week now I haven't been able download anything.

I use Newsleecher and all the headers are just pink on all NZB's on 3 different pc's and they have all stopped working. I just end up with blank rar files. I have also tried installing grabit with the same results.

I have tried SSL and Non SSL.

I have changed from Astraweb to Hitnews with the same results.

I have phoned Virgin and they have said that they cannot block me accessing usenet and it must be my PC's which I know are OK.

Cheers.

Col.

slef2003
22-07-2011, 22:44
usenext working fine in Norwich!

bubblegun
22-07-2011, 23:42
Hi there

Have any of you heard of or experienced your usenet access being blocked completely ?

For a week now I haven't been able download anything.

I use Newsleecher and all the headers are just pink on all NZB's on 3 different pc's and they have all stopped working. I just end up with blank rar files. I have also tried installing grabit with the same results.

I have tried SSL and Non SSL.

I have changed from Astraweb to Hitnews with the same results.

I have phoned Virgin and they have said that they cannot block me accessing usenet and it must be my PC's which I know are OK.

Cheers.

Col.

Which usenet provider would be helpful?

I assume is the free virgin one. This is a problem which many people have had. It will go away eventually. It was a real pain when I was getting it. I've had it for about a week on two separate occasions.

There used to be threads about it on the virgin support newsgroups but they closed those down so you'll need to go to the support forums and see if someone can help you there.

Kymmy
22-07-2011, 23:45
Which usenet provider would be helpful?

I assume is the free virgin one. This is a problem which many people have had. It will go away eventually. It was a real pain when I was getting it. I've had it for about a week on two separate occasions.

There used to be threads about it on the virgin support newsgroups but they closed those down so you'll need to go to the support forums and see if someone can help you there.

The OP does state that it's different usenet providers and does name two of them and both of them are premium providers ;)

bubblegun
23-07-2011, 00:01
The OP does state that it's different usenet providers and does name two of them and both of them are premium providers ;)

oops, somehow missed those bits. I guess I'm more tired than I thought tonight :)

You could try the virgin server too just for completeness ;)

mutha
23-07-2011, 11:23
It's not the virgin newsgroups. I use Nnbmatrix and binsearch. No newsgroups will work at all

Sirius
23-07-2011, 11:28
It's not the virgin newsgroups. I use Nnbmatrix and binsearch. No newsgroups will work at all

Giganews working at full rate for me including nzbmatrix and binsearch. I can upload as well ;)

Kymmy
23-07-2011, 11:33
astraweb is fine for me..

Have you tried a 2nd PC at your location and also removed any firewalls and routers from the equation?