PDA

View Full Version : VIRGIN MEDIA = 9 months of hell !!!

akataz
20-07-2011, 21:30
This may be lengthy but heres the low down ....

on nov 8th 2010 my internet all of a sudden went very bad ( verified by VM at the time ) and since this date its been just POOR i have had about 20 fix dates up till now .... anyway well at the end of dec 2010 i was advised by customer services that if i was to upgrade to the 50mb service i would not be affected by the so called OVER-UTILISATION issues affecting my line which may i add (Wasnt there till 8th nov then it was an issue over night) anyway i agreed to this and for 2 month my line was rubbish . i decided to ring them and i found out that i should not have been sold this new line upgrade as they had known issues affecting the 50mb speeds. when i asked what the issues were i was told the 50mb line i was on was placed on the 10&20mb line. so not only was i missold this service i was put on a lower speed line and then i was basically told there was nothing they could do about this as it was .... POT LUCK as to what line i went on when my line was installed :shocked: well after that i said i wasnt prepared to pay for this and had my line downgraded to 10mb and now nine months and about 50 phone calls plus 20 or so fix dates later i have no service as such my line drops out its mostly unusable at all times of the day.also during this time i have been told my line was being traffic managed ( even tho i dont dload much at all only updates etc ) then im told its not its just too many people on the line .. well 2 weeks ago i raised an official complaint via customer services and was told that i would get a phone call within 5 days to explain and talk me thru whats going on. well i have not had it yet , i phoned em the other night and spoke to CRelations again and was told that someone will phone last friday 15th but no-ones bothered to ring back AGAIN .. i was told that someone had to ring me within 5 days as this was VM policy and then again before 28 days were up ... well im well miffed right now because after 9 months its still very very bad and i keep getting same old BS ... i have left out most other stuff as its way too much too get thru .. i just need a plan or advice from somewere as too what to do about all this thanks ;-)

arcimedes
20-07-2011, 21:36
Phew I actually managed to read that:D

I am suprised how people will put up with poor internet for so long. my advice is you change to ADSL or if you are are very lucky BT Infinity.

Nopanic
21-07-2011, 07:13
Personal I would have left VM by now, why not try the CEO's office, not something I suggest lightly ..