PDA

View Full Version : htc wildfire/email problem

parrsu
18-07-2011, 19:19
hi, sorry if this question has been asked before. I can receive e-mails ok but when I try to reply or send one i keep getting the following message
421 aamlaout02-winn.ispmail.ntl connections to server refused {149.254.61.34}
I have reset my phone and done all sorts but still get the message, does anyone know a fix for this. Virgin tell me I need to contact Digital home support at a cost of £60, seems a bit outragous to me :(
any help will be appreciated

Phil-ntl
18-07-2011, 19:32
Virgin is refusing the SMTP connection. I would hazard a guess that you're not on virgin mobile but another network.

Call vm and ask them for the name and login parameters for their SMTP server, then substitute that for the SMTP entry in your email account settings.

If you are on virgin mobile then check you're using the correct port: 465 (for smtp), I have mine running on imap so cant be much more help than that, sorry.

Phil

buckleb
19-07-2011, 00:08
Not so much a solution, but a possible alternative.

I set up a GMail account specifically for handling emails from my blueyonder account and my own domain via my mobile. GMail will collect email from your third party providers and allow you to reply using the same address the email was sent to. And of course it all integrates nicely with Android phones.

AndyCalling
19-07-2011, 12:00
My Tesco Wildfire (O2 network) works fine with VM email using the default HTC email app. In the outgoing settings tick login required, give your full email address as the user name (plus password), SMTP server is smtp.virginmedia.com and security should be set to SSL. Set the port as 465 and it'll work.