PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub working with router straight away

nextman
14-07-2011, 13:23
I got the 30Mb upgrade a couple of days ago and I started having the same connection problems with wireless that everyone else has. My ethernet was working flawlessly though but couldn't get a wireless connection at all.

I thought connecting my old router would be useless because it wont work without this r28 update everyone is waiting for? However I tried it anyway. I connected my old router to the modem with an ethernet cable and sure enough I had a second wireless network in my house - I didn't expect it to get internet access though.

Much to my surprise - it worked straight away. I've got my 2 laptops on the net at the same time working flawlessly connected to my old router wirelessly. I thought I might have connected to the superhub instead of the old router so I turned the wireless off completely in the superhub settings.

Still working. I didn't update anything and it works perfect. My router is a WNR854T if anyones interested and from the wireless connection I can access the settings page for both the routers.

Is this normal? if so - why is everyone waiting for this bridge mode?

theoldbill
14-07-2011, 13:27
The simple answer is not everyone is waiting for it to fix the wireless range issues, there are some advanced users on here wishing to use their own networking kit that they have invested in previously (such as dual-WAN routers, etc) and with more complex networks.

kwikbreaks
14-07-2011, 14:25
It's normal. Bridge mode removes the overhead (and sometimes problems) of "double NAT" and there can be other complications with running two routers.

nextman
15-07-2011, 04:11
yeah i discovered that when i tried playing ps3 online today :confused:

fortunately i have a wired connection so i just switched it from my router to the superhub.